MLB Bans shifts and adds pitch clock in 2023

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If you decide to watch - say - a Braves game. Do you really care if it lasts 3 hours or 3 hours and 10 minutes? Don't mess with a game that has endured 150 years. :smash:

Other than the radar gun on the pitches there are no other timing devices in baseball. The game is 9 innings long unless the teams are tied at the end of 9. Then we get free baseball.

HermanMerman

I never understand why not a safety base at first,what could it hinder.

That’s a fair question, and stuff happens occasionally…Jason Kendall and Tim Hudson getting their ankles snapped, and Manny Machado being a punk and dragging his foot across Jesus Aguilar’s comes to mind. It would definitely give the hitter a path outside of the baseline to focus on, and keep umpires that aren’t paying attention from missing the hitter running inside the base path and causing chaos on the play at first.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Other than the radar gun on the pitches there are no other timing devices in baseball. The game is 9 innings long unless the teams are tied at the end of 9. Then we get free baseball.

And a player on second base in extra innings. :rolleyes:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

HermanMerman

If you decide to watch - say - a Braves game. Do you really care if it lasts 3 hours or 3 hours and 10 minutes? Don't mess with a game that has endured 150 years. :smash:

I wish I could watch a Braves game, but Bally Sports decided to not play nice and pull the broadcast from my provider. I work in the same building as Bally and once was in an elevator with a nice looking lady that worked for them. I asked her when they planned on sorting it out and she did nothing but roll her eyes at me. Made for an awkward 20 floor elevator ride.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I wish I could watch a Braves game, but Bally Sports decided to not play nice and pull the broadcast from my provider. I work in the same building as Bally and once was in an elevator with a nice looking lady that worked for them. I asked her when they planned on sorting it out and she did nothing but roll her eyes at me. Made for an awkward 20 floor elevator ride.

Couldn't come up with a better pick up line? ::ke::rofl:

HermanMerman

Couldn't come up with a better pick up line? ::ke::rofl:

I guess I need to work on my elevator pitch. But honestly, I’m sitting here watching the Angels and Indians on MLB Network…I’m perfectly fine watching that. I would certainly prefer watching the Braves but any MLB baseball is good with me.

DSGB

They're also increasing the size of the bases from 15 inches square to 18 inches square. For safety. :rolleyes: