More Trash

Cmp1

BANNED
Beer and Coke cans on the side of the road,,,,and there worth a dime apiece here,,,,probably flatlanders,,,,

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Beer and Coke cans on the side of the road,,,,and there worth a dime apiece here,,,,probably flatlanders,,,,
Worthless here.
Actually get caught with open container around here and it’s a pretty stiff fine if not a DUI.
I dont blame the beer can guys for littering near as much,
But every other trash is just plain sorry as gully dirt.
Drivethru bags tossed in the road should put you straight to hades hottest corner.

oldguy

I pick up litter two sometimes three times a day on our street - fast food crap, lottery tickets, prescription information with personal ID, drink cans, beer cans, liquor bottles, dirty diapers - diapers of all things! I think litterers should be sentenced to picking up trash crawling on their knees, picking it up with their teeth, while a responsible intelligent citizen walks along kicking them in the ribs and telling them what a worthless, low life, piece of garbage they are. SAME GOES FOR THESE FOLKS WHO LITTER ON WMA!!!
I don't care too much for folks who litter:)

Cmp1

BANNED
I pick up litter two sometimes three times a day on our street - fast food crap, lottery tickets, prescription information with personal ID, drink cans, beer cans, liquor bottles, dirty diapers - diapers of all things! I think litterers should be sentenced to picking up trash crawling on their knees, picking it up with their teeth, while a responsible intelligent citizen walks along kicking them in the ribs and telling them what a worthless, low life, piece of garbage they are. SAME GOES FOR THESE FOLKS WHO LITTER ON WMA!!!
I don't care too much for folks who litter:)
Me also,,,,just doesn't make sense,,,,

treadwell

It's not their fault! It is the way they were raised. Get a check in the mail, go buy stuff with the money hard working people had to give up, drive your "nicer than mine" vehicle to the lake. Fish all day while I'm working to help pay for your fishing trip. Throw your trash on the ground because my money will pay someone else who has to work to clean up after you. Not to mention, don't bother buying a licence either, or adhere to any game laws, the fish are there for YOUR benefit, you'r entitled to all you want at my expense. Go to the Midwest and you'd be hard pressed to fill a 5 gallon bucket in a days time with trash. Hmmmm.

oldways

It's not their fault! It is the way they were raised. Get a check in the mail, go buy stuff with the money hard working people had to give up, drive your "nicer than mine" vehicle to the lake. Fish all day while I'm working to help pay for your fishing trip. Throw your trash on the ground because my money will pay someone else who has to work to clean up after you. Not to mention, don't bother buying a licence either, or adhere to any game laws, the fish are there for YOUR benefit, you'r entitled to all you want at my expense. Go to the Midwest and you'd be hard pressed to fill a 5 gallon bucket in a days time with trash. Hmmmm.
This is the truth I have seen this The thing that gets me is they will keep everything they catch and if they don't feel like cleaning it they throw them away Makes my blood boil....:mad:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Don’t feel like cleaning yo fish you caught is lazy. So lazy you might as well just give them to me. I’ll do it.
Really more crap fishers than crap hunters. But crap hunters stand out.
My boss gave me three deer one year because he was too lazy to process them. One, the last one, He sent me to drag it out. That was enough to make me quit working for someone that would do that. Not even help me drag HIS deer. As for laziness he actually was 100% opposite yet him and deer just didn’t get along much. He wasn’t one to litter at least.

oldways

that is the general public nowadays Most folks will give it away or pay somebody to do it for them (clean fish or a deer or mow there grass or wash there car ) Its the world we live in. Not many folks have much grit anymore...

oldguy

That may be so about the mid-west. I hope so. But I lived in SW Montana (Wise River/the Big Hole) back in the late 80s. Wasn't nothing to find fresh drink cans behind folks in the mountains - IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS!! Talk about making your blood boil. 'Course my solution to that was to post snipers...
This was about the time LAZY folks started accessing remote areas w/3/4 wheelers. Run out across mountain meadows and leave tracks that wouldn't heal for years, if ever. No respect for anything or anybody. But they got a RIGHT.
In Yellow Stone at Old Faithful they had to post signs "asking" folks not to throw cans etc. in the geysers!! What would ol' John Coulter think? Probably smack 'em in the head with his 'hawk and hang their scalp from his saddle!!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I spend a huge amount of time on the Chattahoochee and West Point Lake. The amount of trash is beyond comprehension. There are areas of low land that flood out and where the trash settles it looks like a landfill. It would take 10 barges to remove it all.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I kayak the rivers, carry a trash bag each trip. Pretty sad that three of us can float a river like the Flint or Ocmulgee and end up with nearly a trash bag each full without leaving the river.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's disgusting, disheartening, and infuriating. I pick up somebody else's trash somewhere about every day.

I don't understand why you can carry stuff full into a campsite, for example, but you can't carry the empty containers and wrappers back out? I loaded my 16-foot boat almost completely full once at one campsite on a remote mountain lake on the Nantahala National Forest and hauled it out when I left. Some people definitely need killing.

oldguy

Saw the same thing down here on the Chickasawhatchee WMA at the campground. It wasn't like that when you got there why leave it that way when you leave? Some grad student working on a masters ought to use that for their thesis-shed some light on the thought (or lack thereof) process.

j_seph

Get rich but do not forget me when you do. Worm containers that are biodegradable, Dissolve within a week or less

Anvil Head

Think back, it all increased exponentially when the term illegal alien changed to undocumented immigrant. Take a ride south of the border, it's pretty obvious. You don't respect Federal Laws why should you worry about State and Municipal?
From there it becomes a "Broken Window" issue....well I'm not gonna pick it up if they didn't.

Not about stricter laws, it's about being able to enforce the ones on the books. LEO's have their hands full as it is and courts just wrist slap the ones they do cite. Becomes an endless spiral of social attitude decay. Litter is not the only thing headed down that mouse hole.

I've got no real solution, but did convince my nephew not to toss stuff out the window years ago. He tossed a chip bag out the window one morning coming back from the lake. I pulled over a 1/4 mile down the road, made him to get out and pick up every piece of litter he could see all the way back to and including the chip bag. Yeah, he tried to argue out, but faced a 58 mile walk home. Then, it was "I don't have a bag to put it in" - improvise or make several trips was all he got from me. Took him better part of an hour and pretty much filled my boat, but he gets pretty excited about litterers ever since. Sometimes you just have to make an impression, a serious one.

carver

I take it personal..I fish and hike in the national forest streams and ALWAYS come out with a bag of trash I've picked up,I just don't understand it!!!

Cmp1

BANNED
I take it personal..I fish and hike in the national forest streams and ALWAYS come out with a bag of trash I've picked up,I just don't understand it!!!
Me too,,,,I don't get it,,,,why wouldn't you want to keep it nice?doesn't make sense,,,,

MattKelley

I know some are blaming new laws, new people, and for whatever reason political parties and other things but maybe some of y'all just weren't paying attention. Growing up my dad made us clean river banks and boat ramps every trip. Then had to remove and sort what was recyclable. Picked up more than a bag each time and that was over 30yrs ago. My 4yr old son picks up trash in parking lots as we walk in to the store. Trashy people do trashy things.

Anvil Head

I know some are blaming new laws, new people, and for whatever reason political parties and other things but maybe some of y'all just weren't paying attention. Growing up my dad made us clean river banks and boat ramps every trip. Then had to remove and sort what was recyclable. Picked up more than a bag each time and that was over 30yrs ago. My 4yr old son picks up trash in parking lots as we walk in to the store. Trashy people do trashy things.

I don't disagree and we were taught as kids how disgraceful and wrong littering was/is. Can't ever remember not picking up trash left by others. Been around the sun 70 times and have watched it get continuously worse. However the last 15 - 20 years seem to be exponentially worse. Yes the population density has gotten worse, no longer "out in the country" anywhere any more.