Moultrie Edge Cellular?

ssramage

Does anyone have experience with these? Or Moultrie cellular in general?

I have several Spartans but the price point on these is tempting.

I have only used Moultrie for the past 5 years. Having said that, I have bought three of the all in one cameras that Moultrie has come out with and every one of them has failed. Not taking pictures, not keeping pictures on sd cards, just outright failing.

Their cameras have steadily declined in craftsmanship and I have not had one of their all in one cameras last more than one season.

I have some of their old modems that are still going strong, but I will not waste any more money on their new cameras or cell cameras.

triple play

Never really used anything other than various moultries over the years. Have run up to 15 cams at a time. Most have been very reliable. Battery life is short but most of the cams have been good. Currently running 1 delta, 3 base's, 2 edge. The delta is the worst of the bunch. Edge and base are pretty good. Edge is really too new to judge. Must still buy a solar battery box to run them worry free.The base is $69 on amazon. My money would buy the base at 69 over the edge at 99. Plus $99 solar battery box for each.

mountainpass

Never really used anything other than various moultries over the years. Have run up to 15 cams at a time. Most have been very reliable. Battery life is short but most of the cams have been good. Currently running 1 delta, 3 base's, 2 edge. The delta is the worst of the bunch. Edge and base are pretty good. Edge is really too new to judge. Must still buy a solar battery box to run them worry free.The base is $69 on amazon. My money would buy the base at 69 over the edge at 99. Plus $99 solar battery box for each.
I dont see just a "Base". They do have a Delta Base. Can you check which model you recommended?

I have had three of these sent two back. They miss too many pictures batteries are decent they have some nice features but TACTACAMs are much better for the price point

mountainpass

I have had three of these sent two back. They miss too many pictures batteries are decent they have some nice features but TACTACAMs are much better for the price point
Which moultrie one? The moultries start at $59 and tactacams at $119.

Which moultrie one? The moultries start at $59 and tactacams at $119.
The edge.. me and my buddy both have them and he didn’t send his back in time. In a week batteries dead in one. The miss a lot of pictures. I was sitting right beside mine that was over a mineral lick and watched a yearling lick there for a good 5 mins. The whole time she was easing her head up and down and looking around. It took two pictures her walking up and her leaving. It was set on zero delay.. it was aimed right and I am very experienced with trail cameras.. there signal strength wasn’t that good and my Verizon TACTACAMs would have strong or very strong and they would have weak same area and on occasion very close to each other. I wasn’t impressed at all. The TACTACAMs were clearly supperior to the edges we all had and we had a total of 5 bought front different types places just like the TACTACAMs. Two other guys had them in the club and they have the same experience as us

triple play

My Delta Base cams have been good. The original Delta-not so much. Don't have any Edges. Some at camp have them with mixed reviews.

lildorris00

I bought a two back of the all in one edges and they are just decent at best. The HD pics and video qualify is very good but as others have said, they take very few pics on no delay. I had another cam on a plot and moved it off when I got the edge and immediately went from having 100+ pics a night to 5-10 pics. Ive moved mine to thick trails where the deer are dead on and close but I won't buy them again.

I have both the EXO & THE EDGE...& if u pay close attention to this video and realize just how slow the (TRIGGER-TIP.-SPEED) is!

HINT: TREE LIMB SHAKING IN LEFT CORNER OF VIDEO!!

*MY VERDICT: MOULTRIE-EDGE= F for failure in build...

bilgerat

Senior
I have a Edge and it takes decent pics when it gos off, like others have said, poor trigger recognition and very hard to find a signal,
I have an ATT spartan and hung the ATT edge on the same tree as a test, the spartan had excellent signal and the Moultrie had a week signal. After 1 week the spartan took 26 pics and the Moultrie took 14. It Missed 1 nice 8 point right in front of the tree!!!
Im gifting the edge to my brother for Christmas and canceling my plan.

I have a Edge and it takes decent pics when it gos off, like others have said, poor trigger recognition and very hard to find a signal,
I have an ATT spartan and hung the ATT edge on the same tree as a test, the spartan had excellent signal and the Moultrie had a week signal. After 1 week the spartan took 26 pics and the Moultrie took 14. It Missed 1 nice 8 point right in front of the tree!!!
Im gifting the edge to my brother for Christmas and canceling my plan.
I have had the same experiences as you. I like the app and how it breaks down what animal it took pics of the moon and the times how it sperates those. Very nice feature. The camera itself is nice and compact good design.. battery life is decent just the triggering and missing animals won’t cut it for me. The lack of service on their claimed switches towers to the strongest signal surely doesn’t seem to be accurate.. not sure what towers they are connecting to but they stink. That’s the whole purpose of a camera is to get pics. It had a very wide angle and often pics up animals outside the view of the camera to the side. They deff have some issue with the detection circuit and triggering. Picture quality is decent not as good as TACTACAM. They surely missed the boat on this camera and not being ready for release to the public..

James12

I was a Moultrie guy for years, still run a couple but only because they sent me freebies for so many issues with the original Delta and Delta Base. I’ve had a dozen or more that they’ve shipped to and fro. Unfortunately, anything from the Delta model on is purely junk. Maybe there are a select few that stay going and strong, but most have SD and Battery issues. For instance, only Lithiums work in certain Delta models (or properly I should say), and after 60% they will often times just stop. I can’t support them any longer as it seems they’re always trying to rush out the next model, before ensuring the most recent even works. I actually had someone inside of Moultrie speak on this too.

jaybirdius

I have 4 of the Edge's. If you want a camera that just hangs on a tree and doesn't do anything else, this is it. The trigger speed is terrible when it does does actually trigger. Mine are setup to catch anything walking towards it not across and they still don't activate most of the time. Customer service was very nice from what I could understand through a very thick accent. I was told there is nothing to do to improve the trigger speed. The few pictures it takes are pretty good though. They probably should be marketed as decoy cams.

westcobbdog

Had a moultrie maybe 6 mo later it quit working. Noticed the Tacticam Reveal at Academy last night for $119. Cellular cam, tempting.

Stainlessman

I just ordered my secound Edge camera this morning. I had used Stealth over the years with issues not connecting and 0 customer service. I could call for a week straight and no one ever picked up. And then after I found this forum I bought a RidgeTec that I've run for over a year. A great camera but just to expencive to run if your getting lots of photos every 24 hrs. The Edge is $160. unlimited photos per year and a great deal if you get 300 photos a day somedays. I have a 400' driveway and I have one at the end to see when mail arrives or wildlife is crossing or thoses dam spring bears are out roaming around.
So the new Edge will be set up where I feed the deer in the winter and again watch for bears come spring.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does anyone have experience with these? Or Moultrie cellular in general?

I have several Spartans but the price point on these is tempting.
I'm currently using Moultrie edge cell cams. Working great, and their service is great I tried spypoint with little success, found them not reliable.