Wireless cams..

specialk

mine only get pics of small bucks.....i dont know what i'm doing wrong:unsure:

Waddams

So without asking for anyone to name brands they don't like, is it okay to ask for others experience on brands that did work okay and there's nothing bad to say about them? I've got one cell cam at the moment, and bought it without really doing much research. Turns out I picked the one that had the worst reviews (both public and from more learned pro's) completely at random. Have thought about getting a different one but there's so much differing views on them, I've not bought and switched to anything new yet.

sghoghunter

So without asking for anyone to name brands they don't like, is it okay to ask for others experience on brands that did work okay and there's nothing bad to say about them? I've got one cell cam at the moment, and bought it without really doing much research. Turns out I picked the one that had the worst reviews (both public and from more learned pro's) completely at random. Have thought about getting a different one but there's so much differing views on them, I've not bought and switched to anything new yet.

Start off by telling which brand you bought

sghoghunter

I bought my first cell camera around 2013 or 2014 which was a covert Blackhawk. At the time it was a more expensive camera and was at the top of the line. A couple years later I bought a spypoint evo which then was a top of the line camera and it was a piece of junk from the get go. Couple years later a decided to try a Tactacam reveal when they first came out and it worked fair but was very picky at aiming and missing pictures. At the time it had a real good pic quality and a very good IR for nighttime pictures. After a year or so me and my brother acquired more and as time has went by the pic quality has went downhill,their quality and firmware updates are aggravating and you have to pay extra for HD pics and videos. The last camera I’ve bought is a wiseeye mini. So far in the 6 months of using it has worked flawlessly and only missed sending less than 20 pictures to my phone. I also get HD pictures to my phone and videos without paying extra. It’s not a hard decision on what my next camera will be

Waddams

Start off by telling which brand you bought
Muddy. Biggest thing seems to be the delay between when a critter goes by and a pic is snapped is longer by 1/2 a second to a full second (IIRC from the article I found where they tested them) than other models. That makes a big difference when the critters are cruising through quick. I have a mineral block sitting there to try to stop them for a kodak moment but they ignore it a lot based on how many deer feet and hooves I get. I've noticed it also sometimes goes several days showing no signal/no connection in an area where my phone always has strong 4g and sometimes 5g.

Pic quality is always good. I've tried it at 3' above ground and 7-8' angled down, I've got no evidence of that making a difference in that frequency of pics it takes hasn't changed.

Stainlessman

I bought my first cell camera around 2013 or 2014 which was a covert Blackhawk. At the time it was a more expensive camera and was at the top of the line. A couple years later I bought a spypoint evo which then was a top of the line camera and it was a piece of junk from the get go. Couple years later a decided to try a Tactacam reveal when they first came out and it worked fair but was very picky at aiming and missing pictures. At the time it had a real good pic quality and a very good IR for nighttime pictures. After a year or so me and my brother acquired more and as time has went by the pic quality has went downhill,their quality and firmware updates are aggravating and you have to pay extra for HD pics and videos. The last camera I’ve bought is a wiseeye mini. So far in the 6 months of using it has worked flawlessly and only missed sending less than 20 pictures to my phone. I also get HD pictures to my phone and videos without paying extra. It’s not a hard decision on what my next camera will be
A couple questions about the WiseEye camera. How much is the unlimited photo plan a year ?
And can you erase the SD card from the phone app ??
Thanks

sghoghunter

A couple questions about the WiseEye camera. How much is the unlimited photo plan a year ?
And can you erase the SD card from the phone app ??
Thanks

If I remember right they don’t offer an unlimited plan. I’m almost positive you can’t delete the SD card off the app on no cell camera but not 100% on that. The cameras are about the same price as other cell cameras and the monthly service is comparable also. I’m still in the learning process but it’s all good so far

sghoghunter

Muddy. Biggest thing seems to be the delay between when a critter goes by and a pic is snapped is longer by 1/2 a second to a full second (IIRC from the article I found where they tested them) than other models. That makes a big difference when the critters are cruising through quick. I have a mineral block sitting there to try to stop them for a kodak moment but they ignore it a lot based on how many deer feet and hooves I get. I've noticed it also sometimes goes several days showing no signal/no connection in an area where my phone always has strong 4g and sometimes 5g.

Pic quality is always good. I've tried it at 3' above ground and 7-8' angled down, I've got no evidence of that making a difference in that frequency of pics it takes hasn't changed.

I tried a regular non cell muddy a couple years ago and never could get that thing to work so back to the store it went