Moving on to confesssion?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Oh, a lot's been answered.
I gave an example. I’ll just ask in it’s simplest form - how is a man baptized? And, I’m speaking specifically of water baptism.
how is a man baptized? And, I’m speaking specifically of water baptism.
A lot has been given as answers but ^^^^

That’s the common problem with a couple, they tap dance in circles trying to answers questions with questions and speaking in parables.

Edited: I’m not here to debate your answer, I’d just like to hear your answer. What do you tell a man you’re witnessing if he asked you about water baptism?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
But I am not speaking to that man, am I?

What makes you think you have any right or standing in regards to what I (or any other here) may say to another?

What would a man say? What would a man do? Peter was once full of what he "would do" not knowing circumstance (or self) at all. As were all the others.

Speculations are for speculators as to where they should vote to find investment adequately returned to their own thinking and esteem of self.

No, I do not mind appearing poetic, obscure, esoteric nor undecipherable. What I have said over years here in the presence of many witnesses is under God's judgment, not even my own to endorse. God forbid my own to endorse. All speaking/writing be judged.

So to even those who think (as have the many that have taught "line upon line, precept upon precept" as a thing commendable) this no more leads to a growth in grace and the truth in Christ, apart from abandonment of such as wrong thinking in their commendation of it...that no less is such as asking any man...even to the particular of what he "would do" is as foolish as WWJD...

Yes, "what would Jesus do?" A sacred cow of times.

That is never the question. Nor even a commendable one.

So to quote TS Eliot:

That is not it at all...

Jesus didn't live in "what would the Father do"...neither do those who believe live in what Jesus "would" (or might) do.
What makes you think you have any right or standing in regards to what I (or any other here) may say to another?
Rights are not considered in the context of "I have a right to ask" no more than "I have a right to interject my opinion" and then paint a man as self esteemed if I am asked.

I don`t think that is milk in your cornflakes this morning. Carry on peacefully, I bow out :cheers:.