Mud Tire Recommedations

Grunt-n-bleat

I am in the market for some new (mud) tires for my 4 wheel drive truck.

I currently have Toyo Open Country A/T's. They work pretty good when the hunting club road is dry.
When it is a sloppy mess though, they gum up in the tread with slick red mud.

Anyone have any reviews on a good mud tire?

thanks

tr21

I currently have Toyo Open Country A/T's. They work pretty good when the hunting club road is dry.

thanks
what size tire and what kind of truck ?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
If I were buying mud tires for a daily driver today, the Mastercraft Courser MXT would get the nod.

I have had the all terrain CXT (which is almost a mud tire) on my daily driver for about 50k miles, and they are still half good.

Just don't ask what mud tires ride good, balance good, and run quiet, because there ain't any... :)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The mud tire...These would pull pretty good, and clean out well too.

Screenshot_20231204-161335.png

The one I have 50K on. This would pass for a mud tire in most guys' estimation, but when I think mud tires I mean Swamper TSLs ... :bounce:

Screenshot_20231204-161513.png

As good as the CXTs have been, I will certainly buy Mastercrafts again. Made by Cooper, at a good price.

Happy hunting!

tr21

I've ran Hankook dynapro MT's on 2 different Jeeps and love them. but I haven't ran them on a truck so can't say how they'd do for you. I don't even know if they come in 20's.

Stroker

(y) for TSL's. The old Gumbo Monster Mudders were a great tire and my favorite.

JustinR06

I'd go nitto trail grapplers. Work truck is a 2020 2500 chevy and got 50k miles out of the first set. The set on my personal truck are close to 30k and are about half tread. Rotated every 5k miles.

bullgator

i have cooper discoverer rugged trek on my truck with no complaints
I’m looking seriously at those. My Toyo ATII are fine in dry conditions but spin bad on wet roads. The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT and Legend EXP are also under consideration. I’ll be buying before next rainy season.

Dub

thanks
MT2‘s from Firestone :rockon: (y):rockon:(y):rockon:

40k and going strong on my Tacoma.

paulito

I am on my second set of the toyo R/T and have been happy. They are the "hybrid" option that is in between the AT and the MT. Got 60K out of my first set and coudl have gone another 10 probably but its a work truck.