my eyes are getting old

Im getting older and have to wear bifocals and having issues focusing on pins or target , any suggestions ? Im thinking crossbow with scope . Any other ideas

Revived

Peep verifiers are designed to clear up blurry pins. Clarifiers will help clear up a blurry target. I haven't used them, but a friend of mine said they helped. He used a verifier for a few years before eventually switching to a crossbow.

Hillbilly stalker

Peep verifiers are designed to clear up blurry pins. Clarifiers will help clear up a blurry target. I haven't used them, but a friend of mine said they helped. He used a verifier for a few years before eventually switching to a crossbow.
They work, I've used them for the last 3 or 4 years. Around dark thirty....nothing bring back the clarity we had at earlier years. My Crossbow scope doesn't do much around the edge of dark. Maybe a higher end one would.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Boy I get it @fishinjim88 ! My eyes are not very good with close ups. I’ll use readers sometimes at home, and I have a pair of sunglasses with the magnifier on the boat for tying knots. Even my red dot atop the AR is blurry. But if I cowitness it with my hard sights(rear sight is a circle), the dot is sharp again….. great for longer distance but not so great for close shots.
I haven’t bought or used any, but there are lenses available for bow sights. As long as you can draw and shoot your bow, I’d stay with it and look into those clarifier things. Have you tried wearing glasses and shooting? I’m pretty much getting my bow shooting lessons online and I have seen several videos referencing folks wearing glasses while shooting. Lots of folks wear glasses while shooting, and if you can make that work, it may be the simplest option. Best of luck!

BowanaLee

A Specialty peep verifier is what you need. They're like reading glasses so you'll need to try one for the correct fit. Been using one for years. I've changed strengths as my eyes changed. A lighted blue pin will help too but you won't need to go that far for hunting. 3/d maybe ?

James12

A Specialty peep verifier is what you need. They're like reading glasses so you'll need to try one for the correct fit. Been using one for years. I've changed strengths as my eyes changed. A lighted blue pin will help too but you won't need to go that far for hunting. 3/d maybe ?

How are you doing? So good to see your name pop up sir!

Lilly001

Have you been examined for cataracts?
I just had cataract surgery and I can see better than since I was in my teens.
I do need readers as my eyes aren’t capable of close focusing but the transformation has been miraculous.

Ihunt

A single pin. Some people find it hard to transition from pins to a single but for me it was not too hard.