My favorite hunting spot years ago

B. White

Are you kin to Harry B. White the attorney/ judge in Bartow?

Possibly, but not that I know of and it wouldn't be a close connection. All of us have been in north Henry county for the past several generations. That will end soon, since I have already engaged my escape plan.

Wayne D Davis

Possibly, but not that I know of and it wouldn't be a close connection. All of us have been in north Henry county for the past several generations. That will end soon, since I have already engaged my escape plan.
Harry B White is a attorney in downtown cartersville here where i live. He use to be a circuit judge i believe as well. I used his services once over 20 years ago. He still has a office in town.

Triple C

It'll be even worse 20 years from now. Best advice I would give anyone is to set a goal to purchase your own piece of dirt out in the sticks somewhere and then wake up everyday thinking what you can do that day to contribute to making the goal a reality.

Mike 65

My truck would be parked at the high school with the 35 in the gun rack in the back window or the bow. I would drive down the road to what is now the Eagle's Landing exit and try not to get carried off by the big skeeters in the swamp, or nearby to a local dairy where I had permission to hunt. The world sure is different now.
We fished all through those swamps along Hudson bridge rd long before anything was there. They sho nuff rurnt that area.

Wayne D Davis

It'll be even worse 20 years from now. Best advice I would give anyone is to set a goal to purchase your own piece of dirt out in the sticks somewhere and then wake up everyday thinking what you can do that day to contribute to making the goal a reality.
That's my goal now. Been checking on some properties out around talking rock today

Joe Brandon

This, sir, in entirely not factual. My niece and nephew grew up in a deer stand for the last 15 years.

My buddy’s grandson is about 10 and kills turkeys going out of style. I have no doubt that he will make a dent in the deer population this fall at CMHC.

It is all about the parents.

Woods access is not gone, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not being short with you but the opportunities are there.
Amen! My daughter turns 1 next week on the 9th and she has already been in the Cohuttas bear scouting with me multiple times. She will be in the woods. She loves the outdoors. She dosent always love the drive and is only good for about an hour on her pack on my back but we get it done and we have been since she was 3 months old.

7 point

Put a feeder in them shrubs set a stand on that light pole you might get on.

Jim Boyd

Amen! My daughter turns 1 next week on the 9th and she has already been in the Cohuttas bear scouting with me multiple times. She will be in the woods. She loves the outdoors. She dosent always love the drive and is only good for about an hour on her pack on my back but we get it done and we have been since she was 3 months old.

I mentioned that it was all about the parents.

Her memories, when she looks back 40 years from now, can be just as sweet as the ones we have now.

My only issue is that the ones that I look back on.... well, let’s just say they are more than 40 years old and leave it at that!

Thanks for being a GREAT dad!

furtaker

Disgusting. It makes me sick to see woods and farmland demolished in the name of "progress" but unfortunately it's happening more and more. My idea of "progress" on a freshly cleared big tract of land is pine seedlings going right back in the ground.

If I didn't have family and a small farm here in Georgia I'd be mighty tempted to pack up and move.

furtaker

Those idiots in Atlanta think they are in paradise. Time marches on as the song says. Glad I'm in Lee county now.
Yep. They think they are in paradise all the while I feel sorry for them. I guess it's a good thing that everybody has different interests.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The not so famous Lake Point Parks in Emerson is were i hunted over 20 years ago. They got a mechanical skiing pond where I use to catch bass and red ears . Many deer and my first turkeys
I was there the last 2 days and will be in the am as well......I appreciate you giving my kid a place to play baseball! That whole area is amazing on both sides of 75. I can imagine it was a sweet place to be!
I too see the places we chased hogs in our youth being or have been turned into golf course subdivisions, etc...

Wayne D Davis

I was there the last 2 days and will be in the am as well......I appreciate you giving my kid a place to play baseball! That whole area is amazing on both sides of 75. I can imagine it was a sweet place to be!
I too see the places we chased hogs in our youth being or have been turned into golf course subdivisions, etc...
Opposite end of the fields there's another pond they use for runoff from the ball fields. It use to be much bigger and it was loaded with catfish