My First Buck, and a Buck of a Lifetime!

Yes I am in Broken Arrow Trophy Club. We are very close as the crow flies. Maybe 1 1/2 miles apart.

I am assuming, since you know we are that close you have talked to Chad Collett? He sent me several trailcam photos and lives relatively close to me. I took the rack to his house the day after shooting it so he could see it and hold it. Thanks a lot to all of y'all over there, one for being great sports about it all and being supportive. And also for raising great quality bucks. I have seen a lot of very nice ones that came out of there on facebook. If I had the money I would join the club in a heartbeat.

here is the finished mount, I will add more pics later!

Attachments

• deer mount.jpg
    deer mount.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,387

kevincox

Great mount and deer! You will never forget that day and neither will your Dad. That's what makes you get out of bed at 5am cause you never know when a deer like that might show up

Gadget

Great story......AWESOME first buck!

cool seeing the trailcam pics, interesting knowing he was traveling a couple miles around to the other clubs.

Was he aged by anyone?

Jasper

LOVE the story and Good Grief what a buck! Congrats to you and your Dad! :clap:

Great story......AWESOME first buck!

cool seeing the trailcam pics, interesting knowing he was traveling a couple miles around to the other clubs.

Was he aged by anyone?

he was about 4, aged by teeth

here it is.. hung up in my room. beautiful.

Attachments

• 0701021804a.jpg
    0701021804a.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 716
  • 0701021805_0001.jpg
    0701021805_0001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 696
  • downsized_0701021804.jpg
    downsized_0701021804.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 689