My God is a loving and angered God

Jody Hawk

I've heard our preacher say that some churches in this day in time won't preach he!!. They preach the love of God, not the wrath of God. You won't listen to a sermon at our church without hearing about he!!. That's because it is a real place and folks continue to go there daily. I had a Jehovah's Witness tell me one time that I'd never make him believe that the loving God that he worships would send someone to an eternity of torment in a lake of fire.

PWalls

Truthful words there, Jody.

Our pastor is very good about preaching on sin and accountability and consequences. I love him for it. Many a time I have had my toes stepped on and have thanked him every time.

I got up in front of the congregation before Sunday School assembly the other morning. Told them we serve an awesome God and a God that loves us so much that He gave us His Son. Told them that the entire New Testament is written to express this love. However, I also told them that they had better read the Old Testament as well and see that God is also vengeful, wrathful and judgemental. The Christian walk is not a stroll through a rose garden. It is a fight from th epoint of Salvation to the grave to resist this world's temptations and do right by God.

SBG

I've heard our preacher say that some churches in this day in time won't preach he!!. They preach the love of God, not the wrath of God. You won't listen to a sermon at our church without hearing about he!!. That's because it is a real place and folks continue to go there daily. I had a Jehovah's Witness tell me one time that I'd never make him believe that the loving God that he worships would send someone to an eternity of torment in a lake of fire.

Preaching on sin and he!! is offensive. We wouldn't want people to be uncomfortable...now would we?;)

leroy

I had a Jehovah's Witness tell me one time that I'd never make him believe that the loving God that he worships would send someone to an eternity of torment in a lake of fire.

He won't send anyone its their choice to make.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Candy coated is what most folks prefer.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Candy coated is what most folks prefer.

Don't want to hold the major donators accountable and uncomfortable would we.

I am lucky where our Pastor will tell it like it is. Not all the time but enough to get you thinking. You might not like it or agree but it is the truth. It is then up to ourselves to hold ourselves accountable.

Tn_Extreme

Banned
Christ spoke more of Hades than Heaven.

You cant understand the extent of Gods love until y ouo realie his anger against our sins.