my hobby

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Looks like fun. May have to post up mine when I get to Bragg:cheers: :bounce:

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Engine trouble?Pilot sick?....No other reason I can think of to jump out of a perfectly good airplane::ke: Looks like fun though (for anyone but me)

I had a buddy that flared too soon and fell about 20 feet. "Super Dave" spent 5 month's in the spinal center with a Halo etc...... The last I heard he is base jumping, bungeeing(SP?) etc....Still has a little trouble walking but enjoys his adrenaline.:clap:

Enjoy and be safe.

Shinyhead

ouch

he flared way early, but at least he lived to talk about it.

And I jumped because the door was open...

Woodie post the pics, seriously thinking of skipping hunting season to do this, a lot less ** in skydiving. And I have been hunting all my life.

sbroadwell

Hey, no need to give up hunting. Combine the too - jump with your gun, and shoot the deer on your way down. I pretty sure they won't be looking up into the sky for hunters.

Buzz

sbroadwell said:
Hey, no need to give up hunting. Combine the too - jump with your gun, and shoot the deer on your way down. I pretty sure they won't be looking up into the sky for hunters.

LOL - a good one. I think ShinyHead just needs to take this year off of hunting and he'll be back next year..

:cheers:

Ol' Red

Banned
Maybe a lot less ** but a whole lot of it in my boxer shorts!!
I think I'll stick to hunting and keep my feet planted on the ground.

-Red

CAL

One things for sure,it ain't crowded up their and ain't no body leasing ya place out from under you either.

StriperAddict

Can't and won't do it...

My brother's first jump... he was prepped for everything except what happened to him: both his main and his reserve chute came out! He didn't know he was heading down faster with the 2 out, because his ground guy couldn't tell him: his radio battery was slipped out of the pak. When my brother got it back, the guy on the ground was screaming... "DROP YOUR MAIN! NOW!! HEY, ARE YOU OUT?? DROP YOUR MAIN!!!" The air was 'spilling' out between both chutes, so when he did drop the main, it almost was too late... but he made it w/o breaking anything. Had bad sprains in his back and neck for months.

Shinyhead

two out

the buddy I jump with had it happen on his 14th jump, he cut the main and rode the reserve in. They went over it in class with us several times. I have been fortunate and only had line twist, they were pretty bad, bad enough that the chute broke my goggles, and blacked my eye on the way out, I reacted well and did not panic and fixed the problem. Now I will just have to wait for a real malfunction and see how I react.

Glad your everything worked out for your brother. Does he still jump?

Shinyhead

Cal

you are right it isn't crowded once we get out of the plane at least. It can get kinda crowded on the plane at times but nobody is fussing that is for sure. Once you exit you have all the room in the world, at least it seems that way for a few seconds.

StriperAddict

Shinyhead said:
Glad your everything worked out for your brother. Does he still jump?

No, that was 20 years ago and even if G. Bush senior could jump at 70 yrs :eek: , we're both gonna walk away, only in our 40's :bounce:

Latest posts