Natural Blinds on WMA's

Hammb

I know if you want to setup a ground blind on a WMA you can only do it the day before your hunt, but what about natural blinds made? I've seen several folks talking about natural ground blinds but never see them, so I figure its against the rules. Am I right?
Here's what I mean by natural blind -

It's legal but it's not your blind. If someone else gets there before you , it's their blind.

Edit- I didn't watch the video, I do know that it is frowned upon to take down any living vegetation/trees, so it would have to all be deadfall built around a natural feature.

Last edited:
It's something people shoot each other over in Louisiana on public land. People will put tons of time and effort and money into "their" duck blind on public land (water) but legally it's open to whoever gets there first. There is a long list of unspoken rules about hunting in another man's public land blind, and when those unspoken rules get violated, people get stupid.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think they are great. I do the same on our leases. Don’t take much.

kingfish

In Florida we got more than enough storm debris and I don't think there are any rules against cutting the giant palm fronds or palmetto fronds. A few of those stuck into the ground with some blown down branches and you are invisible. Got to be down wind and still, but really effective. Also, no rules about setting those up in a good spot before the season.