Need Help.

Kebo07

Folks, I need a little advice on trapping. I bought a 40 acre homestead and moved about a year ago to North Carolina. I have never tried to trap anything before but I am over run with raccoons. They seem to be everywhere on the property. I was looking at dog proof Duke traps but was not sure about what I should buy, how to set or how to bait. I have offered some coon hunts to my neighbors but they do not seem interested. Any advice on best methods and equipment would be very much appreciated.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Dog proof and miniature marshmallows. Sprinkle a few out where they hang out at. Put a few in the trap. Lots of things work in them traps.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Don't forget the golf ball to keep em from tearing the trap up. Where abouts are you? A thermal and 22 would make quick work of them.

Kebo07

Thanks everyone. I will be ordering the Duke's traps and setting them once the season starts here in NC. I will update with the progress and hopefully some successes.

Kebo07

Fortunately owning the land exempts me from a hunting, trapping or fishing license. As long as those activities take place on the property.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Depending on what part of NC you're in, might make a trip uphere to WV for their trapping seminar