Nelly and Tanny in Kansas

Smokim

Back on the stand. Carried my climber in to a new part of the property on NW corner. Creek bottom that is very thick but lots of deer sign. I jumped two on the way in and already had a basket 7 circle around with his mouth open searching for does. This might be a good spot.

Smokim

Back on the stand. Carried my climber in to a new part of the property on NW corner. Creek bottom that is very thick but lots of deer sign. I jumped two on the way in and already had a basket 7 circle around with his mouth open searching for does. This might be a good spot.

turkeykirk

Nice looking areas. Good Luck.

Smokim

Day 3 in the Land of the Giants! Except we have not seen any yet. Strong NW wind. We are both in SE corner of property. I am just west of the creek in the treeline between field. Nelly is east of the creek hunting a stand we hung yesterday with a lot of rubs and scrapes. He hunted there yesterday evening but only saw two doe. Let's make it happen.

nellyw92

It's the fourth morning and we wake up to rain. Trying to decide if we bite the bullet and sit in it or wait a few hours till it stops. It's awfully cold to be sitting in rain, wind chill at 40 and 10 mph wind. We have a SE wind so may need to switch up a few locations.

Smokim

After truck trouble (new alternator), we are back in the stand. Nelly is in SE corner and I am in NE corner of property. NW wind now and deer should come from north for both of us. Today is the midway point for us. Need to see some deer on their feet!

Smokim

Nelly has bad service at his spot but he said he just missed a real nice buck. His bow hit a limb and the arrow went in sideways. Will have more details later. There are plenty of shooters here so maybe he will get redemption tonight.