New bird species for me

buckpasser

There was a major rain this weekend, putting the Piscola creek way out of the banks. The plantation I manage has a large mowed area that was around a foot deep in the flood water. As I drove by there today I saw around a dozen Ibis wading around with a couple of wood storks. I didn’t think much of it. As I passed them again I noticed the Ibis were all shiny black with deep red heads and necks. I often see the white variety and the brown mottled ones. This was a first for me. I looked it up and they were apparently Glossy Ibis. If they’re still around tomorrow I’ll try to get some pics of them. It is the first I’ve seen of them and I was curious if anyone else is seeing them.

oldguy

There was a major rain this weekend, putting the Piscola creek way out of the banks. The plantation I manage has a large mowed area that was around a foot deep in the flood water. As I drove by there today I saw around a dozen Ibis wading around with a couple of wood storks. I didn’t think much of it. As I passed them again I noticed the Ibis were all shiny black with deep red heads and necks. I often see the white variety and the brown mottled ones. This was a first for me. I looked it up and they were apparently Glossy Ibis. If they’re still around tomorrow I’ll try to get some pics of them. It is the first I’ve seen of them and I was curious if anyone else is seeing them.
We see Glossy Ibis around here (Dougherty County) but mostly white. Occasionaly see limpkins. Used to see yellow and black crowned night herons, but not anymore. Same with bitterns.
Glad you noticed and thanks for posting!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Cool,
I saw some ducks on Oconee last weekend. They were far away even with binos. Not 100% sure what they were.