New Hammer HHT Bullet Results

01Foreman400

Staff member
Went to the range this morning. The rifle is a Bergara Wilderness Ridge 308 win. SP with an 18” barrel. The bullet is a Hammer 154 gr. HHT. This group had an average of 2,990 fps. This is a 3 shot group at 100 yards. Can’t wait to try them out this deer season IMG_4221.jpeg

01Foreman400

Staff member
You have me grinning here.
Inspired by your tight shooting loads with TAC.

That powder seems to be very versatile and getting accurate results in: 223/5.56, 6.5 Grendel and into .308 Win. It's fairly available and usually priced better than comparable powders....for now, at least.
I bought an 8 pound container in 2021. When the price was so high. I looked at my receipt for it on midway the other day and it’s $50 higher now.

Dub

I bought an 8 pound container in 2021. When the price was so high. I looked at my receipt for it on midway the other day and it’s $50 higher now.

When I ordered my 6.5 Grendel I started looking into powders, bullets and suggestions.

TAC kept coming up as highly recommended....and was available.
I grabbed some with the thought that it would be serviceable in some other cartridges, too......a safe buy.

Your results are stellar and very encouraging.

Looking forward to using it. May be a while on the Grendel, though. Rifle needs some tuning...need my gun vise mounted on the bench for the tuning work....which means I need to get serious on bench real estate...where stuff will go....then time to drill holes and etc.

I thought and 8' bench was plenty of room...and it is...just got crowded quicklike. :rofl:

Jester896

Senior Clown
I thought and 8' bench was plenty of room...and it is...just got crowded quicklike. :rofl:
:oops: getting that way here too. At least I have my stand up (cheeks on stool) position and now have a sit down one too.

I have always heard good things about TAC just haven't used it much....think I have 8 somewhere...Hunter too.

Big7

The Oracle
I really like the Hogdon powders I've used.

Haven't seen TAC at da' sto' yet but I got some mid capacity cases I bet It'd work in.

BL-C(2) is another good ball powder from Hogdon. I use it a good bit.

Dub

I really like the Hogdon powders I've used.

Haven't seen TAC at da' sto' yet but I got some mid capacity cases I bet It'd work in.

BL-C(2) is another good ball powder from Hogdon. I use it a good bit.
What are you using it in?