New mathews lift 29. 5

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I’m a lefty too and understand. Luckily I’ve found bows in stock after launch in left but it’s not easy.
No big deal to me. I like trying new bows and don't mind buying 1 if I think I'm gonna like it. I can't remember the last time I got to demo a new bow lol.

James12

Mitch up in Canton has a few in stock. The fade to black colors look good. Again, I can’t believe how light they are for an aluminum bow.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
What made it uncomfortable at full draw? I’ve not heard many bad things about the 29, and even watching the guys who don’t shoot Mathews.
Just go back and read.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
So it felt like it was going to jump at full draw? Saw you said you didn’t feel relaxed. Sorry if missed something.
Yeah. Can't relax. Any relaxation and it wants to go off. Was glad to get rid of it. For me it's the kind of bow that can easily cause target panic trying to settle in on what you're aiming at.

James12

Yeah. Can't relax. Any relaxation and it wants to go off. Was glad to get rid of it. For me it's the kind of bow that can easily cause target panic trying to settle in on what you're aiming at.

Gotcha. When I went to the VXR 28, it felt super aggressive towards full draw. Now I’ve gotten used to it and like it, on the V3 27 too. Love each of my Mathews but I think my V3 27 is every bit as if not more quiet than my buddy’s Phase 4. Bought another recently in fear they’d never make another 27 ATA (that was my excuse anyways :). Feels much longer than that to me, but love shooting it from the saddle.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
It was quiet that's for sure. But absolutely uncomfortable compared to anything I remember shooting in recent memory.

Kris87

I'm not a Mathews basher by any standard, as I think their quality and workmanship is as good as anything made. But, I will never understand why sooooooooo many people shoot them when there are sooooooooo many better options on the market. I guess its their name. Maybe their marketing, but its definitely not because they're the fastest, smoothest, easiest to tune, etc.....I'd encourage people to shoot as many brands as they can these days.

Gut_Pile

The way it holds at full draw is what pulled me to the LIFT. I feel it keeps me more locked in. My last PSE was a great bow, but I felt like I got lazy once I had it at full draw.

Different strokes

James12

Speaking of Mathews and different bows, I went in to a local shop in the “greater” Atlanta area one time to get a peep fixed. I’m no bow tech, my usual guy was closed and really I just like bow shops.

As much as I’ve seen Mathews guys ask for it (like on the AT site), I’ve seen the haters too. Both sides are always dead giveaways :) . The minute the owner saw my V3 27 the ribbing started and to a point that it was awkward. I had no idea he didn’t sell or much less even care for Mathews. It got really tense when the V3 was faster than the other there with nearly the same spec (and in the chrono). Haven’t been back.

benellisbe

I have a lift 33 29.5 @ 75 lbs and really like it. I haven't owned a mathews in almost 20 years (original switchback) but i decided to go with it over the hoyt alpha x and have not regretted it. The hoyt alpha x was also a great bow.

Latest posts