New mathews lift 29. 5

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You seemed to like it pretty good when you first got it. What changed ? Just more shooting and analysis time ?
It was one of those "I'm used to another bow, I'll get used to how this one draws and holds". But nope, I can not relax when at full draw. This bow would cause me so much flinching or target panic or whatever you want to call it. Most times I'll settle in to a new feeling bow in a couple sessions. But it's just not comfortable for me. With my other bows, you almost have to feel like you are pushing forward just a little bit to let the bow down, esp my carbon pse.

It was one of those "I'm used to another bow, I'll get used to how this one draws and holds". But nope, I can not relax when at full draw. This bow would cause me so much flinching or target panic or whatever you want to call it. Most times I'll settle in to a new feeling bow in a couple sessions. But it's just not comfortable for me. With my other bows, you almost have to feel like you are pushing forward just a little bit to let the bow down, esp my carbon pse.
I heard that.. you got to be confident and comfortable with your bow. You made the right choice. If you hadn’t done that and forced yourself to keep it an adjust it would always be in the back of your mind when you took a shot. It would affect you

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I heard that.. you got to be confident and comfortable with your bow. You made the right choice. If you hadn’t done that and forced yourself to keep it an adjust it would always be in the back of your mind when you took a shot. It would affect you
I have always been confident in what I do. Prob borderline cocky. But I think it's what's required of a full time bow hunter.

BamaGeorgialine

Tried hard to like it. Can't. Don't. You can not relax 1 bit at full draw without the bow trying to go off. Shot it 3 or 4 days, then went back my pse and bowtech to compare and there is none. Lucky for me everybody is looking for 1, and the dude said bring it back and he'll resell
At almost 50 yr old I want a bow i have the option to turn down to 60, not one that I have to.
Have you shot the new Bowtech SS? I've heard a lot of good things about it and I'd like to shoot one myself soon

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Have you shot the new Bowtech SS? I've heard a lot of good things about it and I'd like to shoot one myself soon
My buddy has one and loves it. I have the LH curse so I can't just go grab a buddy's bow or a bow off the shelf and shoot it. I would be most interested in last yrs sr350 model if I was looking.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
100% on confident to cocky

Did not know the valley was so short
I wouldn’t be a fan bc I know I relax and don’t keep back tension so it would be jumping … saved me a trip
You Know how we do it brother. Lookin out for 1 another.

Kris87

What you're describing is why I love anything with PSE's Evolve cams. Hands down the fastest, smoothest, least jumpy cam I've ever shot.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
What you're describing is why I love anything with PSE's Evolve cams. Hands down the fastest, smoothest, least jumpy cam I've ever shot.
I have a bowtech reign 6 that I love as well.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Thanks for the review @mizzippi jb I’ll bypass going to shoot the Mathews. I hate a jumpy bow

Reckon it’s hard to beat a PSE these days. My Xpedite has been known to spill a little blood :bounce:

James12

Hate to hear this, haven’t heard this yet. Gotta go with what’s comfortable for you though!

And just ole Chief above has been banned in the past couple of days. Chief ShortLife here.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Jim, take a look at the Bowtech Solution. Mine is a couple years old, but I've really enjoyed shooting it.
I think I'd go with an sr350 (last yrs bowtech) if I decided to get something else, but the 2 I have now are still exactly what I want, and they've both done great jobs for me.

Hunter922

I Have Pse ( love my Decree), Elite and Mathews. The V3X Is the best bow I've shot.