New NW Georgia food plot

MY WORK IS DONE HERE! Planted this plot September 21st in the middle of a pretty hardcore drought/record heat situation. Clover, chickory and a strip of brassicas down the middle (Rapeseed, turnips and kale). The middle of the plot is doing great because I irrigated almost every day from the creek right next to the plot. The rest of it has now sprouted due to the recent rains and cooler weather. The forecast looks great for continued survival/thriving. I have been spreading corn this whole time to keep the pressure off the new sprouts and bring deer into the area. Now that I am done irrigating I have set up a bucket feeder with a timer on it to dispense about 1/2 pound of corn 2x/day to keep them interested and hopefully keep the grazing pressure down a bit. My plan is to let this area rest until I hunt it in a month or so. The camera has been showing a couple doe/fawn familes and a couple random does w/o fawns. Only one buck. I have a Spypoint Micro cellular camera in there to continue taking pics. This is my first food plot and I am excited to see where it is going to take me. This will be my second year hunting deer. Last year didn't even see one. I hope this food plot helps. KIMG0351.JPGKIMG0353.JPGI will continue to update.

Thanks guys! It's already working. This feller just came over the airwaves last night. First good looking buck I've seen since I put the camera out a month ago.bucknasty.jpeg

Latest posts