Nice bow kills from Texas. A continuing thread.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Is that a private club type ranch or a pay hunt type place? If it's the latter, what's he name of it?

Most are either owned by the hunter or are leases. They are usually huge size compared to leases around here.

Toliver

Ok. I was hoping it was a pay type place with a name, a website and a gallery. I was going to go look them up and check out their historical kills. Those are some amazing animals.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Ok. I was hoping it was a pay type place with a name, a website and a gallery. I was going to go look them up and check out their historical kills. Those are some amazing animals.

What really shocks me is that a lot of those places are just dirt and rocks and they run cattle on them too. They literally get rock crushers in there to crush the rock that's in the roads to make them passable.

I'd bet the deer density is real low.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
They sure did let the (insert bow, arrow, broadhead brand) eat. Definitely some great swamp donkey sad daddy harvests. Wonder how many doe they saw on their hunts? I sure hope the toads and the hit listers keep on being whacked and stacked

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The Texas forum guys are having a contest to see who can shoot the biggest free range(no outfitters, ect) bow kill deer in Oklahoma(a lot of TX guys hunt OK because the land is more affordable).

There are just shy of 60 forum members in the contest. They are starting to kill some good ones.

None were named(yet).

ok1.pngok2.pngok3.pngok4.png

jimbar

They sure did let the (insert bow, arrow, broadhead brand) eat. Definitely some great swamp donkey sad daddy harvests. Wonder how many doe they saw on their hunts? I sure hope the toads and the hit listers keep on being whacked and stacked
You about have it covered but you didn't say if any of them were smoked!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
This guy has had a thread going on a deer for the past two seasons. The deer broke off some tines last year so he passed on it. The lease is in San Angelo(my sister lives there). He found the sheds and estimated 183".

He is doing a live from the blind thread this year. He has seen the buck 4 times and has not got a shot. The pictures are from his blind.

The fence you see is a fence around the feeder to try to keep the pigs out. He is over run with pigs.

tb2.png

tb3.png

This is a 170-4/8" gross 9 point he put his buddy's wife on.

tb1.png

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
All those are some sure enough great bucks. Not pigs, but bucks.

DAVE

I have hunted large ranches 15-20 thousand acres in the Texas panhandle as a guest. These properties are closely managed and a limited amount of bucks are allowed to be taken each year, most of the bucks taken are usually the size of the ones pictured. My first trip with 5 hunters on opening morning a 10 point scoring 167 with a broken tine, 12 point scored 162, 9 point 159. Of the bucks killed during the 2 week season no whitetails were killed under 145" and no mule deer bucks killed under 178". The deer numbers per square mile are very low compared to most of the country but due to large acreage with low numbers of hunters. relative few bucks killed and with the aid of baiting, killing high scoring bucks is to be expected.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Will If they have "hit lists" and lots of trail cameras, then the fence it too high for me to risk it. LOL

bany

Nice harvest! LOL
Shame the yotes got him. Those are some healthy bucks!