Nice bow kills from Texas. A continuing thread.

oppthepop

UNBELIEVABLE! Congrats to ALL the guys in these pics with some incredible bucks. Ahhhh to dream of Texas................

oppthepop

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
184-2/8 low fence bow kill this past weekend.

These next 3 deer are in a South Texas season thread.

184.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
For all y'all that like naming deer, here's one.

This is "Pretty Boy". It was shot this past weekend by a forum member's son on college break. They have watched him since 2016 when he was a 10 pointer.

Killed in the Texas hill country.

pretty boy.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Here are a few more. No bad for a bow forum that has had the season going for 3 weeks.

tbh1.png

Big 6!
tbh2.png

I think this guy only bird hunts. It took him 3 months to get this picture.
tbh3 3months.png

tbh4.png

These last two came off of the King Ranch. I asked in the thread and they said the King Ranch is all low fence and they don't breed/raise deer. Those ore indigenous deer!

tbh5.png

185"
tbh6  185.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Last ones. I'll add more to the thread as the shoot them.

tbh7.pngtbh8.pngtbh9.pngtbh10.png

This one would be big no matter how far back the guy sits.
tbh11 ok.pngtbh12.png

Last edited:

oppthepop

Good Lord I need to go hunt there! But, alas, can't hide money.............and can't spend what ya don't have! Viva la Texas!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Good Lord I need to go hunt there! But, alas, can't hide money.............and can't spend what ya don't have! Viva la Texas!

I'd like to go out there and just sit in a blind and watch those deer.

Those guys spend big dollars on land, feeders, feed, blinds, waterers(it's dry in a lot of areas), ect.

Some of them(I'm not talking about the actual pay places) even have hired hands to keep their deer property managed.

oppthepop

I'd like to go out there and just sit in a blind and watch those deer.

Those guys spend big dollars on land, feeders, feed, blinds, waterers(it's dry in a lot of areas), ect.

Some of them(I'm not talking about the actual pay places) even have hired hands to keep their deer property managed.
It's all relative. We spend a lot on our little 110 acres in Meriwether county too. I know if i COULD, I would be right over there with them. Texas has produced some SERIOUS bucks over the years and these are simply amazing pics.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It's all relative. We spend a lot on our little 110 acres in Meriwether county too. I know if i COULD, I would be right over there with them. Texas has produced some SERIOUS bucks over the years and these are simply amazing pics.

One thing that has surprised me is that the deer have decent sized bodies too.

I always though of Texas deer as small deer with big racks. Several of the deer I posted are in the 200lb range.

Not bad for eating rocks and sage brush.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Here's one a fella killed yesterday. 146-2/8. 8.5 year old deer. They had seen this deer as a 130's 10 pointers for the past 4 years.

He shot him opening day and hit him a little far back(look at the trail can pic and you can see the wound spot. It was a pass through. Dog could not find the deer.

In the next pic you can see the healed would a couple inches back of the kill shot.
The deer came back to the same feeder.

tbhb2.png

tbhb1.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
A few more;

This was shot this AM live from the blind:
tbhc2.png

King Ranch. Not sure if it was gun or bow 260-5/8:

tbhc1 260 58 king ranch.png

Not sure if I already posted this one:
tbhc3.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Them boys in TX are getting serious.

He missed a hog at 40 yards and shot this 16 pointer 20 minutes later at 10 yards. Killed it today.

tbh 10 yard shot.png

Low fence deer he killed last weekend. Posted it today.
Scored 195 AFTER the brow tines were broken off. Live weight 235. Aged him at 6.5 but they think he was older.

tbh 195 235lbs.pngtbh low fence.png

127-4/8 5.5 year old. Shot today live from the blind.

tbh 127 half 5 half yo.png

Fella saw this one in Lavaca County. That rascal is swoll.

tbh lavaca county.png

Sixes

But yet Texas allows multiple bucks per season, rifle hunting, baiting and a long season and they are still killing monsters after decades of this kind of hunting.

Imagine if they went basically archery only with just a couple of weeks of gun season like the famed midwest. No telling what they could grow:stir:

CurLee

What is a "low fence," and assuming it does not hinder deer movement, why does it need mentioning?

I assume most or all of these properties run cattle, so perimeter fences would likely show all boundaries. I just don't understand the use of the term.