No bears?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Yes sir! His head turned on a swivel looking at me questioningly as he ran by full speed. I did my best tree stump. I literally could have taken 2 big sidesteps and stuck my foot out and tripped him.He crashed to the ground 20 yd from me just out of sight over the ridgeline.Dead silence. I didn't move my feet from those footprints for 10 minutes.

You spend enough time in the woods and you'll have stories you just can't make up!
Lol!

jbogg

Just got back to the house around lunchtime today after a great opening weekend. Had a couple of nice bears within bow range, but it was super thick and there was not a good shot opportunity presented. After five days of climbing I am feeling every one of my 58 years. I need a nurse.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have wanted to see a bear in the wild my entire life! I’m undecided if I want to kill one though. I’ve had the meat a couple times and didn’t really care for it. I do love a trophy but don’t believe in killing something just because I see it as a trophy! Not trying to derail the thread, just took the long way around to say I want to see a bear in the woods!:):)
If you don't care for bear meat, you must not care for beef, pork, or deer meat. Either it's in your head, or you got hold of something weird. Bear meat is probably the best tasting game meat out there. Then again, I probably wouldn't care for ribeye steak if it was cooked the way a lot of people try to cook bear meat.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
If you don't care for bear meat, you must not care for beef, pork, or deer meat. Either it's in your head, or you got hold of something weird. Bear meat is probably the best tasting game meat out there. Then again, I probably wouldn't care for ribeye steak if it was cooked the way a lot of people try to cook bear meat.
I like all those meats! But I don’t care for bear meat! It’s just a different flavor that I’m not a fan of! It’s really no different than me liking beans and you hate them! Thank goodness we are not all exactly the same!

Timberjack86

I like all those meats! But I don’t care for bear meat! It’s just a different flavor that I’m not a fan of! It’s really no different than me liking beans and you hate them! Thank goodness we are not all exactly the same!
His point was it tastes eerily similar to the meats he listed. Myself I think of it as a cross of beef and pork. My wife loves it above anything else and she's a picky eater!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bear meat to me is indistinguishable from beef/ pork is the point. No "different" flavor at all. If it tasted different to you, you've gotten some that wasn't handled right, or wasn't cooked right. Maybe rancid fat or freezer burned? Or one from out west that had been eating rotten salmon? I love deer meat. I'll take bear over deer any day.

And beans don't taste remotely like anything else I've eaten. They taste like beans.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
His point was it tastes eerily similar to the meats he listed. Myself I think of it as a cross of beef and pork. My wife loves it above anything else and she's a picky eater!
BeefPork is exactly a description of bear meat. If you could cook it medium rare, it would be the best steak on the planet.