No leaf lookers here either

sinclair1

This is happening in Rabun County as well this leaf looking season

Today is Wednesday !

10:40
Why do you hate boiled peanut vendors :bounce:
I get it, but you planning on putting in a toll booth at your HOA town trying to control visitors. Most of those yahoos have cabin rental paperwork. You won’t touch them.

Just settle in like the tail of the dragon folks and hate life for a few months each year.

I traded my jet skier hate to be a beach Karen. Now that you are leaf Karen we can compare notes

turkeykirk

Is that even legal? :biggrin3:

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Here ? It is wishful thankin !

5:10
I just hope y'all locals don't mind a Billy huntin' squirrels & hogs on Warwoman from time to time and hiking the 4000-foot peaks in the off-season! :cheers:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
How else you gonna find them squirrels without seeing the leaves

sinclair1

I wish the gates would shut here to. Delt with stupid amounts of traffic all summer due to helen and its fixing to start back up again with the leaf lookers
We got married in Helen 25 years ago. Went back a few years ago and it looked like Pakistan up in there. What’s up with that?

greg_n_clayton

We got married in Helen 25 years ago. Went back a few years ago and it looked like Pakistan up in there. What’s up with that?
Tourist man ! It is the for the tourist! The tourist like such !

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

This is happening in Rabun County as well this leaf looking season

Today is Wednesday !

10:40
We just came back from pigeon forge Monday through rabun county. Leaves aren’t turning much there yet. We went on a helicopter ride while we were in Sevierville. Leaves are mostly still green there too. We did stay on 441 so we didn’t bother the locals :bounce:

specialk

We just came back from pigeon forge Monday through rabun county. Leaves aren’t turning much there yet. We went on a helicopter ride while we were in Sevierville. Leaves are mostly still green there too. We did stay on 441 so we didn’t bother the locals :bounce:

bet that was neat!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The problem may mostly solve itself here this year if this government shutdown happens and they close the Blue Ridge Parkway and GSMNP.

Big7

The Oracle
When I was a kid, my Uncle drove my Grandmother and me to N. Georgia and N. Carolina or N. Georgia and Tennessee EVERY year, without fail just to see the leaves then turn around and come home.

I remember that until I was about 12- 13 and don't know how long they continued that little tradition after I stopped going.

She NEVER spent the night away from home except when she got on up there and had to go to the hospital once in a while.

A simple JOY for a Little Ole' Lady and she looked forward to that every year. That, and looking at the rich folks Christmas lights around Asheville.

Of course there weren't NEAR as many Yankee transplants in the south back then and southern folks never caused any adverse effects and didn't even leave a footprint.

Big7

The Oracle
I wish the gates would shut here to. Delt with stupid amounts of traffic all summer due to helen and its fixing to start back up again with the leaf lookers
My last few attempts getting to the red light in Helen failed during the day.

Finally made it to Paul's one night right at closing time.

A room in a half- way decent roadside hotel was 35.00$, 40$ if you wanted a hot tub. Parking all day is close to that if you can't find public. Rooms are what it cost to stay at the beach. I ain't paying that to stay in Helen.

All that unnecessary expense on top of traffic and crowds of blue hairs, women with tattoos and nose rings certainly changes the ambiance. :banginghe

Last edited:

specialk

i quit going to helen years ago....caught a bunch of trout there before the tubing companies took over the river.....