No leaf lookers here either

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Quit going up there years and years ago. Helen NEVER changes and I don't care to see leaves dying. I mean "changing". :rolleyes:

Toliver

Quit going up there years and years ago. Helen NEVER changes and I don't care to see leaves dying. I mean "changing". :rolleyes:
I much prefer the post color change time frame. That means they are on the ground and I can see through the woods better.

Of course there was this one year I found the perfect spot. A big pine with a dogwood right next to it. I climbed up the pine until I was in amongst the leaves of the dogwood. While they were changing, my orange vest blended perfectly with the orange leaves. I saw more bucks from that spot than any other I've ever hunted. Killed 2 petty good ones from that tree. Then lost the lease. :mad:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

turkeykirk

I wouldn't have to go near that far. I can see the park line from my pasture. :bounce:
How far would I have to run to get to your place if the Federal Rangers were chasing me?:biggrin2::rofl:

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Ahem...
Screenshot - 2023-10-06T085749.186.png

Doboy Dawg

My dad beat any love for leaves out of me when I was a kid. We had two large Elm trees in the front yard and a Giant Oak tree in the back yard. They seemed to drop leaves at least four months out of the year.

I had to rake those leaves up and bag them to be removed. If I missed a few leaves I would get a severe butt whipping and have to go get them up.

I haven’t raked a leaf in 40 years and I refuse to rake them. I wait until they all fall then I mow them into mulch.

specialk

As a kid growing up in VA piedmont region, we always made a day trip in the fall to the Blue Ridge Mtns......i still take my mom every year to the N Ga Mtns....mostly ride and look.....

coolbreezeroho

Leaf lookers need to be banned. They are a hazard to everyone driving . I wish they would stay and help rake those leaves that they came to see just one year. Then we will see if they come back for more the next year

ryork

It has been so dry here that I think the primary color is going to be brown…. We don’t get the onslaught here like NE GA and NC do, but it gets busy on the weekends especially in the parks. Had a guy in our driveway a little while ago who got lost looking for his rental cabin.

K80Shooter

I just got back from Maggie Valley, the trees on the Blue Ridge Parkway are looking really good already.......... Get ready!

Geffellz18

Did our leaf looking in Colorado this year just last week.
May go check them out in N.GA in a few weeks if I get some of these home projects done!
I promise I won’t be a burden to you local folks up there!

Shadow11

Oh man. I know what you mean. Mom wants to go to deer lodge for her bd. We'll have to go through helen, and then up the mountain. It's gonna suck! I love them big deer lodge steaks, but it's still gonna suck.

alphachief

There was a great editorial in the AJC 10+ years ago. It was written by a fellow from Western NC complaining about all the leaf lookers from ATL causing traffic issues around the Franklin area. What he basically said was “if you like looking at leaves so much..,quit cutting your own trees down!”

oldfella1962

There was a great editorial in the AJC 10+ years ago. It was written by a fellow from Western NC complaining about all the leaf lookers from ATL causing traffic issues around the Franklin area. What he basically said was “if you like looking at leaves so much..,quit cutting your own trees down!”
I like the way he thinks!