No leaf lookers here either

Core Lokt

sinclair- for you to have such a bad memory you sure can dig up some old threads. to post on. How do you remember what the thread is about or title?

sinclair1

sinclair- for you to have such a bad memory you sure can dig up some old threads. to post on. How do you remember what the thread is about or title?
I just think about who will hate a bunch of city folk coming to town and search that in the search bar. Leaf looking will get about one thread per year.

Down here you search Orange crush if you want to rustle up a coastal Ga thread.

Geffellz18

Pack the car we headed to the hills for Christmas :rofl:
We go every year the day after Thanksgiving with the entire family that’s up from FL.
This year was 2-3x busier than any other years we’ve been. We did go about an hour earlier than we typically do though, but it stayed pretty packed the entire time we were there!

oldfella1962

Speaking of leaves in color, on the way to my son's house I have to pass through a neighborhood of fancy old homes with fancy landscaping.
There are a lot of old Ginko trees planted, and they have the most vivid yellow color you can imagine. You never notice Ginko among all the other varieties of trees in their yards during the rest of the year, but in the fall they pop right out and are amazing. Interesting tree, they are the last surviving species of an ancient (like dinosaur days ancient) family of similar trees. Not native to North America, but they grow very well here in Georgia.

Attachments

• GINKO1.jpg
    GINKO1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 5
  • GINKO2.jpg
    GINKO2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 5
  • gink4.jpg
    gink4.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 5

Geffellz18

Speaking of leaves in color, on the way to my son's house I have to pass through a neighborhood of fancy old homes with fancy landscaping.
There are a lot of old Ginko trees planted, and they have the most vivid yellow color you can imagine. You never notice Ginko among all the other varieties of trees in their yards during the rest of the year, but in the fall they pop right out and are amazing. Interesting tree, they are the last surviving species of an ancient (like dinosaur days ancient) family of similar trees. Not native to North America, but they grow very well here in Georgia.
Ironically enough, some are around the Dahlonega Square-Agreed, they are beautiful. The ones in the square were still holding and popping a couple of weeks ago right after Thanksgiving

oldfella1962

Ironically enough, some are around the Dahlonega Square-Agreed, they are beautiful. The ones in the square were still holding and popping a couple of weeks ago right after Thanksgiving
Here in Augusta they are in full vivid color, but not dropping off the trees much yet so if there aren't any crazy storms & wind coming through, they will be looking good for a while.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Ginko trees are noted for dropping most of their leaves very quickly. One day there will be a beautiful yellow tree and a couple of days later there will be a bare tree with a beautiful yellow blanket on the ground beneath it. It is pretty amazing to watch.

oldfella1962

Ginko trees are noted for dropping most of their leaves very quickly. One day there will be a beautiful yellow tree and a couple of days later there will be a bare tree with a beautiful yellow blanket on the ground beneath it. It is pretty amazing to watch.
Interesting! When I go to my son's house this weekend I will be looking for that. I did notice that the leaves themselves - though they turned color - are not shriveled up and dry looking - they looked as healthy as summer leaves, just colored yellow. :confused: They might be all over the ground after this weekend. Very cool tree!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have 4 in my yard in various states of maturity. One of them drops all of its leaves over 48 hours. The others aren't quite as punctual. LOL

oldfella1962

specialk

Reckon ill go to the possum drop then....

greg_n_clayton

T
Reckon ill go to the possum drop then....

His sounds fun fun ! But I have no idea wur "Tallapoosa" is at ! Never heered of this place !

8:58

sinclair1

Macys cancelled the tree lighting that has been going on my whole life. It’s not just statues getting replaced. You got replaced straight Christian whitey.

Ok back to the swamp news for me. Gator spotted at the Belfast boat ramp

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Macys cancelled the tree lighting that has been going on my whole life. It’s not just statues getting replaced. You got replaced straight Christian whitey.

Ok back to the swamp news for me. Gator spotted at the Belfast boat ramp
It started going down hill when they got rid of the "Pink Pig".