No love for the Hawks???

GTMODawg

BANNED
No love for Atlanta's NBA team who are going to the NBA Eastern Conference Finals this week for only the second time in franchise history? Its been a good story....coaching change mid-season, bunch of young players not given a moment's thought who just so happened to play their way to a a #5 seed in the conference despite starting the season 14 and 20 and winding up 41-31. They beat the Knicks in 5 and it wasn't really close, came back from back to back deficits of 18 and 26 to beat the 76ers in Atlanta and Philadelphia and won 3 games in Philly to advance. They have a couple of potential legends who are 22 years old and could be hall of famers before it is said and done. I know, its the Hawks....its pro sports in Atlanta in general LOL. Nothing could be more frustrating.....but the Hawks are just fun to watch right now. It could end in 4 straight against the Bucks but for the last month or so they have been VERY entertaining.....

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I kept one eye on them last night and loved beating the #1 seed Phlith-a-Delphia. Their fans booed them and threw bottles on the court - of course. I detest anything Philty. But the NBA lost me pretty much with all the BLM carp and Lebron.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Personally, I'm disappointed.
In the prospect of more playoff games coming to the ATL.
The ridiculous behavior things like that bring to Buckhead is causing my wife to flee her job of 18 years.

TinKnocker

I have loved these two series. They have been a lot of fun to watch.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Behavior unsafe for a woman going to work in her car or even at work.

stonecreek

Have enjoyed watching them this year after the coaching change. A lot of energy with this bunch and I give them a good chance of beating the Bucks. I knew they were going to win last night when they were only down by 2 at half with Young not playing well.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Not my sport. US Open, NBA Championship, I’d rather watch paint dry than either one of them.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I live in Ga. Lived in Ga all my life. A GA team is doing well. I am proud of said GA team doing well. Me and my son actually watched some of the game. Will be rooting for the hawks to keep it rolling

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It's not a no love for the Hawks thing, it's a no love for the NBA thing. Quite frankly, the game they play now is boring. Before someone says the playoffs are different, I've tried watching it several times with several different teams. It's just nothing like the 80's and early 90's NBA where physical play, defense, and set plays were run.

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to go Hawks with that never quit spirit, surprising many to go this far while other big teams & big names are at home.

BamaGeorgialine

Me and my son watch every Hawks game together as much as possible. It's our thing. He played for about 15 years and we traveled everywhere playing. My wife stays away, we order some wings, crack a beer, shut the den door and have a ball. If it were football she'd be right there with us. I just wish DeAndre Hunter wouldn't have gotten hurt. He'd make a difference. Especially on defense. Most of the guys I knew that hated basketball just weren't coordinated enough to play

Latest posts