No rain so need advice on a large spinkler for food plot...

davel

We have a plot that is close enough to the house to run a water hose. What is the largest sprinkler I can use and where do I get it? I have seen large volume sprinkler's online but I think they use very large water supply hoses.
Thanks.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A single water hose isn’t going to get it done without constant moving it around.
You could install pvc pipe along the sides in the unplowed areas and use lawn sprinklers. You might have to shape the plot to be narrow enough for them to work. The heads would need to be installed on risers to get them above your crops.

Big gun water sprinkler and high pressure water pump. But that’s not a cheap setup. Looking at about a 1000 for everything needed.

Stroker

Impulse sprinkler on a elevated stand, got mine at TSC. Get you a electronic timer for your spicet and set it to start after dark, starts and shuts off automatically. I run mine 4 hours at night then move it next afternoon. I have mine so it puts down at least 1.5 inches each time. Use 100 foot 3/4 hoses with no restrictive fittings or valves. It can get expensive if you have a large plot..

sghoghunter

What size and shape of plot are you talking about? My garden is 120feet deep and around 50feet wide and I’ve got two Rainbow 30h impact sprinklers standing 7 ft on a tpost. I’m pumping water out of my pond and they both cover the garden with no problem and also water the near by oaks too

davel

Not a big plot or very wide. About 3/4 of an acre. I don't mind moving the sprinkler if needed. I just wanted the largest sprinkler I could get. I have one from TSC that is elevated with tripod style legs but seems like a regular sprinkler just raised.

Stroker