North Georgia guided trip recommendation

Otisman

I’ve been fly fishing for a long time but not much in last several years, and mostly fished the hiwassee river. My 25 year old son has finally gotten into it a couple months ago. We’ve been to the hiwassee a few times and now he is wanting to do a guided private water trip. I know there are places around blue ridge but don’t know much about them. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go and what guide service to use? We don’t want a boat, prefer to wade. I’m sure he has big fish in mind. Any advice is appreciated.

Many places start cutting off fishing in June due to the heat and resulting fish mortality. Having said that I highly recommend Unicoi Outfitters in Helen and David Hulsey in Blue Ridge.

Concrete Pete

I’ve been fly fishing for a long time but not much in last several years, and mostly fished the hiwassee river. My 25 year old son has finally gotten into it a couple months ago. We’ve been to the hiwassee a few times and now he is wanting to do a guided private water trip. I know there are places around blue ridge but don’t know much about them. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go and what guide service to use? We don’t want a boat, prefer to wade. I’m sure he has big fish in mind. Any advice is appreciated.

David Hulsey is an absolutely awesome guide. Very professional.

bscrandall

I’ve never used them so I can’t really say yay or nay, but noontootla creek farms has guided trips and they’ve got some tanks in that creek

Concrete Pete

I’ve never used them so I can’t really say yay or nay, but noontootla creek farms has guided trips and they’ve got some tanks in that creek

They do and ask for Mike Russo if you go. He got me on a really nice 20+ inch rainbow during a cold front. I felt like I got my money’s worth as far as having a guide that could problem solve and teach me stuff.

Zkwhit89

If you’re looking for big fish, you might look into the some of the private water fishing on the soque. I’ve known people who have used rivers edge and like it. But I can say from experience that Blackhawk is awesome, good people and the guides are jam up. Unicoi in Helen is a good time also.

UGAGUY75

Another vote for Noontootla Creek in Blue Ridge. Went there last year and landed a huge rainbow 22"+. They claim they are all native fish.