North Georgia Traditional Archery Club - July 3-D Shoot

dutchman

North Georgia Traditional Archery Club – July 3-D Shoot

Sunday, July 14, 2019 is the date for our next shoot at the North Georgia Traditional Archery Club. We will begin the shoot at 9:00 a.m. with a brief devotion. After that, it’s a day of shooting your bow at the 3-D targets down in the woods. As always, we’ll have 20 targets set for you to enjoy. Some long shots, some short shots, some hard shots, no easy shots and all of them fun! We will have a lunch available for a small additional fee so you can shoot, then eat, then shoot some more. We will begin disassembling the course at 3:00 p.m.

In addition, the July shoot is the time that we hold our annual business meeting. The meeting will begin at 1:00 p.m. and will conclude whenever we have discussed all that we need to discuss. A tentative agenda would look like this:

• Call to Order
  • Secretary/Treasurer’s report
  • Old Business
  • New Business
  • Election of Officers for 2020
  • Adjourn

If you have an item of business that you’d like to see included in this agenda, please let me know and I will get it worked in.

Agenda for the day
    9:00 a.m. – devotion
    9:10 a.m. – course is open
    11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch is served
    1:00 p.m. – business meeting
    3:00 p.m. – pick up targets and put away

So, come join us for the fun. Shoot fees are very reasonable, as you can see in the fee schedule below. The fun you’ll have is virtually unlimited. Check us out!

Our hosts for this shoot are Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell.

Shoot fees
    Members - $5 each
    Non-members - $10 each
    Families – members with a family of three or more - $15
    Non-members with families of three or more - $25
    First time shooters at our club shoot for free.
    Kids under 12 years of age shoot for free.
    Lunch - $5 each (donation to cover costs)

Memberships to our club are $25 and it’s a once in a life-time fee.

You can find us at 2295 Lee Land Road, Gainesville, GA 30507. Look for our sign. Hope to see you on July 14!

mattuga

Banned
Sounds very well organized and setup for unlimited fun! I just wanted to comment when I see cool gatherings like this on GON. I'm not a trad shooter but cool stuff like this sure seems to make it worthy to look into. Good stuff.

Jake Allen

Coming up fast.

Lunch will be Ham or Turkey, or Ham/Turkey Sandwiches with fixings, (home grown tomatoes), lettuce and onion, chips, cookies and applesauce.
Hope to see you all Sunday Am!

dutchman

We had a good day yesterday. We had 47 shooters. We had good weather with zero rain. We had a great meal provided by our shoot hosts, Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell. Jeff also did a fine job with the morning devotion. We had homemade ice cream provided by Dennis and Sheila Rice. We had a good course provided by the faithful few who do the set up each month. And that same bunch pulled the targets at the end of the day.

We also had our annual business meeting. Highlights are as follows:

Officers for 2020
President - Tony Rider
Vice President - Mike Clark
Secretary/Treasurer - Gene Bramblett
At large post - Steve Angell
Immediate past president - Ted Kooistra

Shoot hosts for 2020
Jan - Steve Angell
Feb - Donnie Kinard
March - Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell
April - Wauka Vaughn
May - Dennis and Shelia Rice
June - Open
July -Open
August - Gene Bramblett

The club voted to hold monthly shoots on the first Saturday or each month beginning in January of 2020. The exception will be the July shoot, which will be held on the second Saturday of that month.

Read that twice. Saturday shoot dates beginning in January of 2020 at NGTA.

That is all...