Not A Good Start to Wednesday

Tight Lines

17-yo daughter just got an ambulance ride from camp to Children’s with anaphylactic shock symptoms and is now in the ER. Unclear what’s wrong. The worst kind of calls. Nothing worse than feeling helpless with one of your kids. Keep y’all posted.

Toliver

That's definitely not the phone call a dad wants to get. My 17 year old daughter has issues that could prompt that same phone call at any time and it sucks. Hope all is well.

Redbow

Hmmm, an allergic type shock I think it is. Hope your Daughter gets over this very quickly, prayers for all of you.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear that, hope it works out ok.

oldfella1962

Has your daughter ever had anaphylactic shock experiences prior to this? In other words, is this the first time this has happened to her?

Tight Lines

Well crisis seems to have been averted. Still no clear answer to root cause, but after adrenalin, Benadryl, epipen, IV, and multiple tests for strep or virus, all of which were negative, she is home to rest and for observation. It's great being married to a nurse who was at CHoA at the time, but scary all the same. It's never a good call to get that your daughter is being loaded into an ambulance. When the boy breaks something or needs stitches, that's easy to handle. Not knowing the root cause, and not knowing how long she would be in an ambulance had me a complete mess. Thanks for all the posts...much appreciated and means a lot.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Great news! All those things they gave her they gave me when I had a terrible allergic reaction to an RX I was given. Had to stay in hospital a few days(I didn't really think that was necessary). I felt great once I got the shots and IV's. I now carry an EpiPen.