Not a monster, but I bet you this is going to be tasty

eavega

Had a sounder with two big sows and about 10 piglets coming into my feeder every day since mid-april. Finally had time to come down to the club and sit and wait for them. Sat in my stand and had the sounder start coming in. This time, though, the big sows did not make an appearance. Assume I got winded as the wind was blowing out of an unusual and disadvantageous direction for the spot. The piglets all came out and I waited to see if the sows would come out once the piglets sussed out any danger. Well, after about 5 minutes the piglets started to wander back into the woods, so I picked the largest one and let my 300 Blackout sing. Obviously the piglets scattered back into the woods. I was pretty sure I had missed since the targets were small and moving. I sat for about 45 more minutes to see if maybe they came back out or a second, smaller sounder would come out before dark. I figured that if they were not out now, they would not be out before the morning at the earliest. I climbed out of my stand and thought to check the area where I had shot. Well, I spotted blood! As I started to trail I found a chunk of lung, so I'm sure I had killed the pig. I continued to follow the blood trail into the thick brush and found the piglet piled up about 10 feet in. Not huge at about 30 Lbs on the hoof, but big enough to fit whole in the oven! Iberian Sucklng Pig is on the menu this week!
PXL_20230529_003116745.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yeah it’s GON be good ! Perfect size

Big7

The Oracle
Try those sounders of small ones with a 3 1/2" #4 Buck with a 54 pellet count.

At about 30 or 40 yards, it's about slinging a pile of #8's when the ground is covered with Blackbirds. :cool:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice! Mighty fine tablefare!

Okie Hog

Try those sounders of small ones with a 3 1/2" #4 Buck with a 54 pellet count.

i don't have a 3 1/2 shotgun but the 3 inch #3 and #4 buckshot works well for me. Every year i sit in a stand about 35 yards from a feeder and massacre pigs. So far this year i've eliminated over 40 pigs. Most killed with one shot was 7. My neighbor got 9 with one shot.

Big7

The Oracle
i don't have a 3 1/2 shotgun but the 3 inch #3 and #4 buckshot works well for me. Every year i sit in a stand about 35 yards from a feeder and massacre pigs. So far this year i've eliminated over 40 pigs. Most killed with one shot was 7. My neighbor got 9 with one shot.
Fun time right there!! :cool: