***Official 2016 Turkey Challenge Trash Talking Thread****

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
You had a pretty fine year if memory serves. Well the old birds took a whoopin last year. I am concentrating on jones county land and public land this year. I have yet to get a pic on my old good grounds. My good land in Jasper county is being looked after though and there are a few bonus points to be had. At least in the multi beard category. Im hoping for 15 points this year but ill settle for 10.

Every yr is different that's fer sure. I'm in for couple quota hunts this yr then on over to my private land spots if needed. Gonna see if Kmac will let me borrow some deks so I can better my chances. Can't wait :banana:. I have a itchy trigger finger:shoot:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
U can use all my deks. Get my blind also. U can use my camera man also.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Kmac just make sure I get your tail chaser decoy and antharper can have the rest. Won't need the blind since I'm gonna be putting the belly crawl on them.Good thing I got the 22 magnum sighted in for 100 yds so I don't have to crawl so far:bounce:

Attachments

• decoy.jpg
    decoy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 42

spydermon

Kmac with 5 days left to sign up we might need 2 man teams to make this interesting.Not many wanting to play this year.

the main killers are either gone off of here now or not entering because of some the mess that went on in years past and the pic issues

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yea. It's just us wantabees in here now.

Sometimes the past needs forgotten. Nothing remains the same.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think in years past some took winning to a different level also. Forgot about the fun & meeting folks that hunt. Competition has a effect on some folks.
Good luck to all hunting this year & be safe.

turkeyed

There are also a lot of folks that wanna complain about the rules, way the contest is ran, etc but those do not step up and run it! The contest is setup the way it is to allow for the most participation, quality of the contest (allowing teams to be in the running), and fellowship. It fairly simple to follow the rules! They are not that difficult!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
It fairly simple to follow the rules! They are not that difficult!

^^^^ This... The pics are the main key ingredient to this competition. Good pics=Good results...Bad pics=Bad results. It's not the judges fault but person taking the pics and following the rules. Good luck to everyone and TAKE A BUNCH OF PICS!:cheers:

turkeyed

^^^^ This... The pics are the main key ingredient to this competition. Good pics=Good results...Bad pics=Bad results. It's not the judges fault but person taking the pics and following the rules. Good luck to everyone and TAKE A BUNCH OF PICS!:cheers:

Also just send the pics to your teammates prior to cleaning the bird. If there is a problem I promise they will be found!

Curtis-UGA

It became more of a picture taking contest than a turkey killing contest. Others who I have talked to not participating feel the same way.

turkeyed

It became more of a picture taking contest than a turkey killing contest. Others who I have talked to not participating feel the same way.

I can see that in one way but not in another. My 8 year old took most my pictures that last year I played. If I can get the required pics with him taking the pics there is no excuse.

What would you suggest as a fix? How do you provide the required info without the pics?

From past experience of running this contest there was always a bunch of whining about the pictures but no one ever came up with a better soluton.

Curtis-UGA

I can see that in one way but not in another. My 8 year old took most my pictures that last year I played. If I can get the required pics with him taking the pics there is no excuse.

What would you suggest as a fix? How do you provide the required info without the pics?

From past experience of running this contest there was always a bunch of whining about the pictures but no one ever came up with a better soluton.

I am helping with a similar contest on FB. We tried to keep it real simple. Three pts for a full fanned gobbler and 1pt for a jake. 4 person teams and can only enter 12 Georgia birds per team. Only required pics is the participant with the turkey showing the fan and a picture of the participants Georgia Harvest Record.

turkeyed

I am helping with a similar contest on FB. We tried to keep it real simple. Three pts for a full fanned gobbler and 1pt for a jake. 4 person teams and can only enter 12 Georgia birds per team. Only required pics is the participant with the turkey showing the fan and a picture of the participants Georgia Harvest Record.

How do you break ties? With the contest here most if not all teams would be tied!

01Foreman400

Staff member
How do you break ties? With the contest here most if not all teams would be tied!

In the event of a tie, the team who entered the most birds is the winner. If there is still a tie the team that entered the first bird first between the teams wins.

Curtis-UGA

I think its gonna come down to who kills the most birds. I doubt many teams will be close to the 12 bird limit. Just like here. It only pays first place.

turkeyed

I think its gonna come down to who kills the most birds. I doubt many teams will be close to the 12 bird limit. Just like here. It only pays first place.

I guess that could work. Do they get to pick their teams? If they do that could be over quick! Especially if they travel. I have seen it and even participated where teams could not be touched merely based on the number of birds harvested by a team on another site awhile back.