Ogelthorpe 2013

22 hunter

well I've went down a few times the pigs seem to be gone and the deer are everywhere my lease is now a duck pond though. Somebody keeps taking my cable down but i think i have a remedy now lol.

jbird1

Yet to make it out yet since Turkey season. The only report I have is that "the mushrooms are great and the tick's are bad...REAL bad."

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
well I've went down a few times the pigs seem to be gone and the deer are everywhere my lease is now a duck pond though. Somebody keeps taking my cable down but i think i have a remedy now lol.

22 hunter, Do you hunt the land that borders the lease Arrow3 is on ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I got in that lease this season also.

Arrow3

Good core area with lots of good bucks running around.

ghadarits

Around Vesta the water is high as stated and the ticks are BAD!!!!!!!!!!

My nephew and me were at the property two weeks ago just to cut down a tree and spray roundup around the camp. Even after using Deet and Permitherin liberally ( a full spray can of each) we still has a few ticks.

UGLY!!

22 hunter

i feel it in my bones ha ha or maybe its lack of sleep and too many apples to get off the trees still but im ready man...

Triple C

Love Oglethorpe County...Heart rate always slows down between Crawford and Lexington. After passing the court house in Lexington headed out to our place life is always better.

Todd E

You guys sure are quite this year.

White oaks falling. Woods are dry. Good sign, but zero movement.

Tarrowood

Any of you guys hunt around Salem Rd or Sims cross Rd south of Lexington? I got a new lease down there this year and just wondering what kind of bucks we can expect to see running around the area. Thanks !!