Old man’s helper ?

turkeykirk

Recently I got a pair of comfortable shoes but they were hard to slip on. Remembered that my grandfather had something similar when I was a kid. Little cooler today and made this in the shop. Sure is nice to not bend over to get my shoes on.:rofl:5A0958D3-6D28-47FE-A3B6-ABE94DA4BA76.jpeg0E549BDF-0AF2-46E7-B553-C4988C2B539C.jpeg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The tools in the top picture make it look like you might have worked in a torture chamber in an earlier life. LOL

turkeykirk

The tools in the top picture make it look like you might have worked in a torture chamber in an earlier life. LOL

Haha. That’s my foot powered treadle hammer plus tong rack. Foot powered but a finger smasher if not careful!:biggrin3:

Anvil Head

See ya, here ya, feel ya Brother! Made me two very similar to that a good while back (hate trying to figure out where I left one on those early wakes). Makes morning life a bet easier for sure.

Anvil Head

Shoehorn, heard it was because the earlier models sold/gifted at old school shoe stores were made from cow horn.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Shoot yea!:rockon:That's cool!
My son has to use one every since his back surgery. He can't bend over at all. Rods pretty much attached from his neck to both pelvis bones. His is a bit modern. :bounce:

Redbow

That shoehorn looks nice just like it is and will last several lifetimes no doubt. Power coated or chromed would look great as well.. I bet those things would sell also.