Ole Humble Urban

Gator89

I was happy to celebrate the titles Meyer brought to Gainesville, but like the rest of us, Meyer has flaws. There is a lot of gossip out there about what Meyer left behind when he departed UF.

Woody Hayes went out punching an opposing team's player. Avoiding dealing with a pedophile assistant tarnished the legacy of Joe Paterno.

Mr. Nice Guy Mark Richt was dismissed because he could not win the big one.

Spurrier, Saban and many other successful college coaches did not work out in the pros.

Pete Carroll won USC a Natty, but left flotsam in his wake when he left.

But UF has three Natty's on the books, two courtesy of Urbs.

bullgator

Coaching in the NFL and college are two different animals. Some coaches can make the transition better than others. I wouldn’t put all the blame on Urban or any other coach because millionaire pro players are also a different animal than college athletes and they often determine how the coach/player relationship will work.

DannyW

Coaching in the NFL and college are two different animals. Some coaches can make the transition better than others. I wouldn’t put all the blame on Urban or any other coach because millionaire pro players are also a different animal than college athletes and they often determine how the coach/player relationship will work.

I agree, but with NIL the line between college and Pro is starting to blur. College coaches are going to have to adapt to dealing with uppity millionaires, otherwise they will be left behind.

bullgator

Yep, that also crossed my mind.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I agree, but with NIL the line between college and Pro is starting to blur. College coaches are going to have to adapt to dealing with uppity millionaires, otherwise they will be left behind.
College coach’s DONT have to put up with uppity millionaires. College players are invited to play and can be told to pound sand. Pro players,not so much.

bullgator

College coach’s DONT have to put up with uppity millionaires. College players are invited to play and can be told to pound sand. Pro players,not so much.
Hmmmm :unsure:, do ya think the alumni and donors with financial interest in a player isn’t going to have something to say about that ?.

brownceluse

I agree with coaching in college and nfl are entirely different. I think the college game is changing for the worse. As far as Meyer is concerned I’ve always thought he was a tool. But I wouldn’t play much into what any NFL player would say they are all lovers of themselves for the most part. I highly doubt they like being told what to do. Spurrier, Saban are two great college football coaches that were not successful in the NFL. Two totally different worlds

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Hmmmm :unsure:, do ya think the alumni and donors with financial interest in a player isn’t going to have something to say about that ?.
I don’t think many coach’s put up with alumni and donors telling them who to play.