One hen every time - is she kryptonite?

basshappy

BANNED
So we have 1 hen who we see every time we hit one blind. Every time. No embellishment. She is always alone. And she comes when I purr or cut and she doesn't leave for 30 minutes easy. And if I call again, back she comes.

Now we wouldn't mind if a Tom found her desirable. No such luck. She is our kryptonite when turkey hunting. She comes, hangs around, leaves, comes back again, hangs around again, etc. When she is around no other turkey, hen, Tom or Jake, comes around.

This is our best blind. So moving to another location isn't easy. It is more laughable and a joke now. But who else has had the kryptonite hen who runs the party and keeps all other turkeys away?

We now wonder why she is always alone. Other hens are in groups of 2, 4, etc.

Anyways, man where is a yote when you need one?!?!?!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
When I run into a hen, I seem to find her(or she finds me) over and over. I’ve only seen a few this year, but again,same hens same places……for me it’d be disappointing if I didn’t see them.

basshappy

BANNED
My boy and I enjoy our blind. Haven't harvested a Tom yet, but our time has been well spent. Deer, hawks, herons, owls, fish, snapping turtle, loads of hens, 1 Tom (no shot), opossum, lizards, squirrels and insects of course.

I was wondering if this hen might have a nest up behind us. I have heard her and seen her back up there. And 6 times now in she comes. The only hen solo. All other hens have been in groups of 2 or more.

basshappy

BANNED
She was back this morning. Doin' her thing. For over 1 hour. Dang girl! I get on the box call and in she comes. And even at closin' time she wants to hang around ... LOL

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
She was back this morning. Doin' her thing. For over 1 hour. Dang girl! I get on the box call and in she comes. And even at closin' time she wants to hang around ... LOL

Yea, you're intruding in the area of where she is setting eggs.

basshappy

BANNED
Yea, you're intruding in the area of where she is setting eggs.

Hope she lays 'em and at least one makes it. We actually spend a fair amount of time in this area - shooting, RC vehicles, swimming, fishing, kids running wild lord of the flies. So if she made a nest in the vicinity of all this going on

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hope she lays 'em and at least one makes it. We actually spend a fair amount of time in this area - shooting, RC vehicles, swimming, fishing, kids running wild lord of the flies. So if she made a nest in the vicinity of all this going on

Good luck.