One Stick Climbing/Saddle hunting

Mk20rockeye

This weekend was my first weekend hunting out of my saddle with new gear. It was pretty nice to be able to swing around the trees keeping it between the deer and myself. Busted a nice doe for my first compound kill. I am hooked. Plus the rappel down, well, is just fun.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This weekend was my first weekend hunting out of my saddle with new gear. It was pretty nice to be able to swing around the trees keeping it between the deer and myself. Busted a nice doe for my first compound kill. I am hooked. Plus the rappel down, well, is just fun.
Congrats!! I sat in my leaner Friday and all I could think of was how much more comfy the saddle is versus the bench seat that had my butt falling asleep. I’m bout to be exclusively saddle hunter/one sticker.
I have two cam cleats and 50’ cord coming. I’m gonna try them on my 20” and also try one sticking with the full 36”. My biggest issue has been moving the stick without disconnecting the looped strap that came with it. It’s a pain to just get the loop to spread, so the cam cleat and cord should make a huge difference.
And rappelling down is just way too much fun(and safer) to descend any other way! Also, to hang my gear I’ve settled on a strap with a quick connect(they came with my boat cover so I have a bunch) and S hooks. I dropped my ATC Device and was able to use one to fish it up. Same day I let my bow retriever rope hit the ground. I put an S hook on the end of my rappel rope and was able to fish it back up. Still a ways to go, but I have seen the light and this what I’m doing from here on out…….gonna have to have a yard sale soon!

Coreypnich

One stick/rappel here too. By far my favorite mobile setup I’ve ever had. I’m using a Tethrd mantis, predator xl, and Tethrd one stick with 2 step ultimaider. Looking to upgrade saddles to cruzr or latitude within the next week once I decide which one.

Gl4di4torRr

One stick/rappel here too. By far my favorite mobile setup I’ve ever had. I’m using a Tethrd mantis, predator xl, and Tethrd one stick with 2 step ultimaider. Looking to upgrade saddles to cruzr or latitude within the next week once I decide which one.
I really like my cruzr

feathersnantlers

I don't know much about brands and what's out there for a one stick with a platform topper. Looks like EWO is the best with the size of sticks options, that wire handle pokes up top for easy grabbing, and different platforms to pick.

Are there other options for one sticking?

CroMagnum

I've ordered my EWO One Stick with UP platform and rapelling gear. Can't wait for the mailman to bring it to me. I've decided to go with the Drey LL saddle as it seems to be almost universally considered very comfortable if not the most comfortable

dang

DANG !!!
Well I went ahead and ordered the method 2 from latitude today, their Black Friday deal just tempted me too much!
I really like the look of the method 2. Know a guy that uses it and loves it. I may give it a shot. The phantom does everything I need it to with no complaints but I still may make an un-necessary upgrade at some point

Coreypnich

I will post an update on how I like the method 2 once I get to spend a little time with it. My next upgrade will probably be to try an ultimate one stick with U.P. On top.

Just curious if there were any one stick climbers around, if so what has been your experience with it and what are you using? This will be my second year out of the saddle and first year one sticking. I’m using EWO’s ultimate one stick and a cruzr xc saddle. So far so good, but I’ve only got three climbs with it, getting faster and more comfortable with every climb. I’ll admit I giggled at the concept at first, but it’s like a buddy told me, don’t knock it till you try it. Definitely light and versatile.
I have the same setup but I have the 2 pannel Cruzr saddle. It's been interesting I still have issues finding the right tree especially this time of year. I just ordered a couple of Bullman steps to give me more mobility. I love the versatility of having so little to carry in but sometimes I feel that I might Try the Ultimate one stick with the scout platform instead of the UP. Then bring my predator to Give me another option when in the tree.