Out of state hunt sons 16th bday. Any ideas?

Kris87

I didn't see rifle or bow specified. If its rifle, Western KY would get my vote since the rifle season is in the peak of the rut. If its bow, I'd say KY, OH, and MO would be where I'd start.

Shane Dockery

Just about anywhere in the central Texas Hill Country, you'll see a ton of whitetail. If looking for exotics as well, further South Texas like Jim stated. Either way, you'll see a ton of animals.

across the river

Texas sounds smart.

Not garaunteed but close.

Much of the Midwest (which I love) can be weather dependent.

A gun hunt in lower SC is about a sure thing.

We have hosted several first timers on our place to have them take a deer the first time in a stand. What I don’t know of is many outfitters in the area but I have not looked.

Good luck!

Enjoy!
Texas 100%. The amount of game and opportunities are ridiculous, and for most kids action is the name of the game. Most parts of the state the habitat is completely different, and that adds to it.
Some places will let you combo deer/nilgai, hogs, javelina (or something else), which makes for a cool trip too.

Last edited:

slow motion

Texas 100%. The amount of game and opportunities are ridiculous, and for most kids action is the name of the game. Most parts of the state the habitat is completely different, and that adds to it.
Some places will let you combo deer/nilgai, hogs, javelina (or something else), which makes for a cool trip too.
Saw a javalena hunt that I started to pull the trigger on. 2 night 3 day off season for 1 to 3 hunters for 2500.00 total including food and lodging. Boys could neither 1 go so I didn't do it. Still would like to hunt one.