Owning a Pond, Hero to Zero

westcobbdog

Just about everybody on this forum knows that I have a 2 acre pond behind my house and will let just about anybody that ask to fish in it in, heck I'll go buy the bait and fish with them. BUT... if I look out my back door and see someone there at a time I didn't say they could be there I'm call'n the sheriff's office. Law reads something like "Must be in the presents of the owner of the property or have WRITTEN permission on one's person to hunt or fish on the property of another one's person... etc." Having that pond has given me the chance to meet a lot of great folks on here and I'll let just about anyone that wants to fish (especially if they have kids with them), but don't just show up here and expect to fish... ask ahead of time and you've got a good chance of get'n in.. show up with live bait and ready to fish with out prior notice, odds are you ain't get'n in.
Bat where you at in PS? Moon Rd area per chance?

little rascal

Any fish in that lake? Just some pet large catfish and overgrown grass carp, stunted bass. Can i fish?
Yea, but leave no trash, line, etc.
Can’t catch crap. I find trash and junk, don’t come back, ever. Pretty much just shut it down. Told mom let Batjack come when he wants. He will, cut bushes maintain a little and it would not be the jungle it is now after i been gone 3 years.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Some folks never cease to amaze me! We have two lakes totaling roughly 28 acres or so that there are several land owners with access to both. We are the only house on “our” side of one of them and our road is private, not a county road. People will show up trailering a boat and claim they have a “right” to fish because a county road crosses the dam of the larger lake. Bank fish off the dam ok I guess, trespass across private property which would be the only way to get a boat in, no……. And there is a little launch area we call the “marina” that is privately owned. It’s a driveway and a concrete ramp. Most of us have no problem if someone asks and will treat the place with respect. Some guy sat in the corner of the public road year before last and absolutely cleaned out some bream beds. Took them home by the five gallon bucketfuls apparently. Was telling people his cousin lived here, but that was a lie.

Just about everybody on this forum knows that I have a 2 acre pond behind my house and will let just about anybody that ask to fish in it in, heck I'll go buy the bait and fish with them. BUT... if I look out my back door and see someone there at a time I didn't say they could be there I'm call'n the sheriff's office. Law reads something like "Must be in the presents of the owner of the property or have WRITTEN permission on one's person to hunt or fish on the property of another one's person... etc." Having that pond has given me the chance to meet a lot of great folks on here and I'll let just about anyone that wants to fish (especially if they have kids with them), but don't just show up here and expect to fish... ask ahead of time and you've got a good chance of get'n in.. show up with live bait and ready to fish with out prior notice, odds are you ain't get'n in.
Grew up on a small lake, three land owners. In the early 2000's, quit even ordering pizza. They would show up the next day like they owned the place.

I've also let folks that drove up and asked to fish, fish. I love when folks get outdoors but it does present a problem.

The problems that I have encountered is the meth heads (with families) vs the fish heads outweigh 10/1.

Ihunt

Most that say no do so because someone before you trashed the land, broke a fence, let the cows out, brought 10 of their friends, …..

If you get permission, treat it like you would want your home treated. Also make sure you understand and abide by all of the rules. It’s not your place to question why.

LTZ25

I see no harm in asking, only be open to accept an answer you don't want to hear or agree with. I tell my boy you gotta step into the battery's box to take a swing. You might strike out or you might make it on base.

We have dealt with trespassers fishing our pond, using it for fun and procreation (yes trail cams don't lie!), etc.

I have paid out of my pocket to stock fish, acquire materials and spent my time to build a dock, fish habitats, and work the land. Very few are invited to our private little Idaho as they say.
Got any good video's ?

basshappy

BANNED
Got any good video's ?

The audio is often the best. Like apparently people are unaware that they are being recorded. The stuff they say ... and the video ... couples arguing over dumb stuff, girls in bikinis, etc. Even though we have posted signs video recording / wireless cellular recording / no trespassing etc. People don't read or don't care. Until they see themselves in a laminated photo posted on our property ... then they care. Lol