Pig or Possum?

Anthony61

BANNED
What do yall think of this critter? What do you think it is? Did you see the owl?

Some does crossing for size comparison....

Hillbilly stalker

That's a possum ( AKA Silver Fox) that's been eating poke berries. See how dark his hide is ?

whitter

BANNED
After 20+ full screen replays and paying particular attention to the feet, it appears that this creature may very well have hooves and not feet. Another thing is the absents of the whiteness that is associated with the possum breed especially around the neck and head. We have seen dogs frequent this area in previous posted videos which means that there would be fairly close houses or farms. Viewing some pictures of what is called Viet Nam pigs which are small and are treated very much like house pets. The walking gate of both pigs and possums is very similar. Anyway great catch on the camera.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I agree with others as I also think this is a black-jack possum and that sucker is FAT too !!!!

Yes, I did see what I thought was a bird that flew upward at a 45 ° angle and the only bird that I knew about that would fly at night was an owl so at that point, I really thought that it was an owl.

If I had been half-way smart, I would have looked closer at the daytime photo because you can easily see the upward slope as such.

YEP, I WAS SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL AS KS BOWHUNTER IN HIS POST # 14 IS CORRECT DOWN BELOW as that rabbit got the "heck out of Dodge" really early in this video.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
After 20+ full screen replays and paying particular attention to the feet, it appears that this creature may very well have hooves and not feet. Another thing is the absents of the whiteness that is associated with the possum breed especially around the neck and head. We have seen dogs frequent this area in previous posted videos which means that there would be fairly close houses or farms. Viewing some pictures of what is called Viet Nam pigs which are small and are treated very much like house pets. The walking gate of both pigs and possums is very similar. Anyway great catch on the camera.

Naw, that is 200% a possum. No doubt at all.

Tight Lines

If you run the slide on the bottom of the video you can see the owls eyes go way up in the air. If it was a rabbit he would have remained on the ground.

That is a steep hill, and you can see the rabbit crouch down then scoot up the hill...an owl would have gone vertical not scooted right up the hill...I like the creativity but it's a rabbit my friend...

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
That is a steep hill, and you can see the rabbit crouch down then scoot up the hill...an owl would have gone vertical not scooted right up the hill...I like the creativity but it's a rabbit my friend...

Bow Hunter, you are 100 % correct and you surely win the prize as I failed miserably in my attempt. :pop:

Hillbilly stalker

I’ve owned enough sorry coon dogs to be a “ possum identity expert”. :rofl:That’s a possum/ silver Fox/ Democrate.

rosewood

Just the gait says possum.