pigeons

ghadarits

I'd look into trapping them yourself. That's what I did when I started training my current dog in 2013. They're considered an invasive species so there are no regulations regarding them. A roll of hardware cloth along with a bag of bird seed and you're in business. They're fairly tough birds I would keep the same seven birds for months and then once it got cold enough for the water to freeze and after being slobbered up by a puppy lab for months I couldn't get them to leave. I closed the pen and didnt put out any food but they just roosted on the top of the pen. They kind of remind me of some of the liberals' I've met. As long as there's a little something for nothing (free food and housing) I couldn't run them off. I ended up having to shoot them as flyers for the dog to retrieve to get rid of them.

whatarush

I'd look into trapping them yourself. That's what I did when I started training my current dog in 2013. They're considered an invasive species so there are no regulations regarding them. A roll of hardware cloth along with a bag of bird seed and you're in business. They're fairly tough birds I would keep the same seven birds for months and then once it got cold enough for the water to freeze and after being slobbered up by a puppy lab for months I couldn't get them to leave. I closed the pen and didnt put out any food but they just roosted on the top of the pen. They kind of remind me of some of the liberals' I've met. As long as there's a little something for nothing (free food and housing) I couldn't run them off. I ended up having to shoot them as flyers for the dog to retrieve to get rid of them.
Is love to hear more about your trapping setup.

bnew17

Your best bet is the market bulletin. They aren’t cheap. I tried trapping them and caught exactly 1 in about a month.

ghadarits

Is love to hear more about your trapping setup.
This is how I approached trapping pigeon. It takes a little advanced work to be successful. First find a decent population and that’s not too hard to do you’ve probably been close to several groups. I’d try and find a few places they like to hang out. Once you’ve located some groups of birds go by and toss out a cup or two of cheap bird seed. I would wear a safety vest so birds could see me easily and then the birds would associate me with food. I usually would feed them three or four times and the birds would start flying down as soon as they saw me. Once that happens set your trap next to where you’re feeding them so they can see it and be close but not too close yet. Once their used to seeing the trap set the trap down prop the doors open and put seed inside and all around the trap. This might take a couple dry runs before they feel comfortable with going into the trap. Now you’re ready to actually trap birds. The first trap I built is 3ftx4ftx18” tall. I used home made swinging bobs similar to the ones Woddie suggested. The first time I set my trap down to catch birds after following this advanced lead up I caught 33 birds and had to block the doors with birds still trying to get in. I couldn’t have stuffed a hummingbird in there with all of them. Once I trapped the same bird twice in the same day. They really are that dumb sometimes then other times they act intelligent. Once they associate you with food you’ll have a consistent supply of birds to train with.
Good luck let us know how you do if you give it a try.

whatarush

This is how I approached trapping pigeon. It takes a little advanced work to be successful. First find a decent population and that’s not too hard to do you’ve probably been close to several groups. I’d try and find a few places they like to hang out. Once you’ve located some groups of birds go by and toss out a cup or two of cheap bird seed. I would wear a safety vest so birds could see me easily and then the birds would associate me with food. I usually would feed them three or four times and the birds would start flying down as soon as they saw me. Once that happens set your trap next to where you’re feeding them so they can see it and be close but not too close yet. Once their used to seeing the trap set the trap down prop the doors open and put seed inside and all around the trap. This might take a couple dry runs before they feel comfortable with going into the trap. Now you’re ready to actually trap birds. The first trap I built is 3ftx4ftx18” tall. I used home made swinging bobs similar to the ones Woddie suggested. The first time I set my trap down to catch birds after following this advanced lead up I caught 33 birds and had to block the doors with birds still trying to get in. I couldn’t have stuffed a hummingbird in there with all of them. Once I trapped the same bird twice in the same day. They really are that dumb sometimes then other times they act intelligent. Once they associate you with food you’ll have a consistent supply of birds to train with.
Good luck let us know how you do if you give it a try.
Thank you