Pigs Feet

eavega

I've used wild hog feet for recipes before, but I can tell you that cleaning off all the hair is a bit of a task. Not sure it is worth it. Never tried the ears but don't see why you couldn't use them if you get all the hair off. Them feral hogs have a lot more hair than their domestic counterparts.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon you can eat about anything. Sometimes, I just don't know why you'd want to. :bounce:

Redbeardless

Kind of like chitlins (or chitterlings if you are from the city!!!), never really had any desire to eat that particular part of a hog considering how much meat there was on the rest of him!!! Gonna catch a lot of flack from some folks about that. Some folks love the chitlins, feet, and ears, just not me. I tried pickled pigs feet one time, never could do much but just gnaw on one. Pretty much a waste of time for me. Not knocking them, more power to you if you like them.

Big7

The Oracle
Kind of like chitlins (or chitterlings if you are from the city!!!), never really had any desire to eat that particular part of a hog considering how much meat there was on the rest of him!!! Gonna catch a lot of flack from some folks about that. Some folks love the chitlins, feet, and ears, just not me. I tried pickled pigs feet one time, never could do much but just gnaw on one. Pretty much a waste of time for me. Not knocking them, more power to you if you like them.
I can't eat the tough pink feet.

The Hormel brand is cooked tender and easy to pick. I get a jar once in a while.

I ain't never used the feet or ears off a home kill or feral pig.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Ever ate "natural casing" sausage.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Yes, but it don't smell like pig poop like chitlins do.
Long story. A friend would tell the story of his dad returning from the War.

The bus let his Dad off at the two path road that lead to the homeplace. His Dad said that as he trekked up the the half mile drive the closer he got the more he could smell a familiar "fragrance".

His mom was cooking Chitlins and Collard Greens. As he approached the screen door on the back porch he could see it was covered with flies. When he opened the door the flies almost knocked him down trying to get out.