Pop ups/malware

dieselengine9

OK, help out a totally non-tech savvy guy. When I go to App Store and search for Adblock, there is like 1,000 choices. Which one should I get????

I use AdBlockPlus. I don't know who makes it but their symbol is a stop sign with ABP on it.

lonewolf247

Adblock for iphone. I think it costs $2.50.

What is this Adblock APP you speak of, young man?:type: lol!

Seriously though, How does it work? You buy it, and it automatically does it's thing? Or do you have to some sort of way list the websites you want it to tend too?

I havn't had this problem at all with my IPhone until now, but that's all it wants to do, the last few sessions!

Double Cluck

This board is the only place I have trouble. I guess it is time to log out and move on. Shame too, I liked this place.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Several other member have suggested turning off the javascript on your phones.
Settings> Safari> and turn off JavaScript.

turkeykirk

Several other member have suggested turning off the javascript on your phones.
Settings> Safari> and turn off JavaScript.

That's what I do on my iPhone . Works fine and eliminates the pop ups .

sawtooth

I have an iPhone 5. I was having serious problems with the stupid redirects to the App Store. I disabled JavaScript as suggested and SHAZAAM!!! no more funkiness! A big thank ya to whoever figgered that out. D

I turned off Java script, fingers crossed this thing is killing my iphone surfing while out "working". Mine does fine if I'm on wifi

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
I turned off Java script and can get on forum. With Java script off it won't let me post pics. Have no trouble at home on wifi with it on. Very frustrating!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
OK, help out a totally non-tech savvy guy. When I go to App Store and search for Adblock, there is like 1,000 choices. Which one should I get????

Adblock for whichever phone you have. Download and install it, launch it before you launch Safari (for iphones) and Voila! No ads, no redirects.

BornToHuntAndFish

Mike_Rhodes

Staff member
Update on Malware..... We have done a couple of things to help mitigate this issue. We have blocked certain categories of ads for starters. Then I received an email today telling me one of our partners found an offending party and they have been excluded.

I am not sure this will correct things 100% but we will be diligent. Thank you for your patience.

Mike

GA native

I'm getting spyware and malware. So far, the virus scan has blocked it. But this is getting old...

greene_dawg

I get ads and pop ups almost every single time I get on this site from my phone. It is out of control. This is the only site that does it. Installing an ad blocker is treating the symptom. The host needs to be looked at in a bad way.

SwampMoss

Ok was driving me crazy today on my iphone only. I disable JavaScript as others have said and it seemed to stop the redirects.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
It's starting to get bad again. About every two-three threads I click on I get redirected.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
On phone or computer?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Phone, I pretty much don't use the computer on here anymore.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
It's gotten so bad, I've had to click this thread three different times because I keep getting redirected.