Pork Belly Tacos with Pineapple Pico

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
More info on the new place please.
I love trying new places. ?
I thought it was Smoking Gringos, but I didn't see pork belly on the menu. I know Bistro off Broad has pork belly. Maybe that what got me talking about it.

GA1dad

I made a trip to Costco a week ago and they had some mighty fine whole pork belly and I just couldn't walk away without one. The one I got was about 9 lbs total, so I took about a third of it for this weekend and I am saving the other for something else coming up. My plan was to smoke/cook this on the Traeger, but mine is currently down for repair. So, the oven had to do.

I cut it up into cubes and marinated it in a lime chipotle type marinade. I cooked them slow for a couple hours to render them down some. I finished them in a pan with brown sugar and margarine... kind of a play on burnt ends I suppose.

While the belly was cooking I made a pineapple pico with a fresh pineapple I also picked up from Costco. I went with red and yellow tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and charred the pineapple on the stove. I didn't add any onion because I had also taken some Vidalia onion and pickled it down with some sliced habanero pepper.

I'd give the finished product a rating of I would definitely fix it again! ;)

View attachment 1086907View attachment 1086908View attachment 1086909

Hands down winner right there!!!

Head East

Slow down… y’all are killin it tonight. Mercy.