Post your dog gun combo

firewalker78

Just wondering what is your favorite / best shotgun,choke, and shell combo for them greasy fast brown streaks. For me I haven't been able able to beat my Remington 870 express with kicks xx full choke and 3 inch 00 Remington shells.
Coming in close second is the 1187 premier with xx full buck stop choke by comp n choke shooting # 1 buck. And I am giving a new gun a whirl this year, I ran across a great deal on a New england arms pardner pump, full camo held a great pattern with #1 and just a full choke.

grouper throat

I mostly use my bar short trac 300wsm. I go between a browning bps 12 gauge and a beretta 390 12 gauge if I'm shotgunning. Full choke and 3" 1 buck in both of them. I'm selling the bps and getting a Mossberg 535 ats turkey gun to shoot next year. I hope they make 12 gauge 1 buck in 3.5"

Pappy62

Right now I shoot a Mossberg 500 NWTF edition, 3 inch Remington 00 buckshot with a Carlson's Dead Coyote choke tube. That combination patterns great in my gun.

simpleman30

i hunt a remington 870 express, 3" remington or winchester 00 buckshot, and a pure gold .696 turkey choke. at 50 yards, it keeps all 15 pellets in a 18x18 area. my brother hunts a remington 1187 with 3" 00 buckshot and a remington full choke. he killed quite a few deer with it this year.

i've killed deer as close as 7 steps and as far away as 107 steps. and i've missed a pile of them at every distance in between!

swampdaddy

Remington 870 super magnum a with full rem choke. I shoot 2 3/4 Federal 000 with 8 pellets. At 25 yards 6 0r 7 pellets will be in a 12x12 square target. I dropped 1 with this load at 40 yards this year.

Also use a ancient Remington 1100 with a 26" fixed open choke. It likes the 2 3/4 Federal 000 as well. This one does not hold as good of a pattern so i keep my shots short with this one but it can really spit them out.

I spent most of a afternoon patterning both guns with 4 different chokes ( in the 870) and 11 brands of buckshot.
It was really enlightening to see how the same load would perform with full, mod, imp cylinder and open chokes. I created a chart so that I could compare the results and the inexpensive federal 000 patterned the best with 3" Winchester 00 copper plated and federal 00 premium copper plated coming in a close second.
Several brands had patterns that were were ridiculously bad.

I was VERY SORE afterward.

DogHunter4Life

browning silver 2 3/4-3 1/2 inch

OO federal 3 inch

rvick

benelli super 90 with magazine extension & extra full choke (trulock). 11-87 premier is ok but too heavy to carry all day. both shooting 3" 00 rems.