powder ?

wtailchaser

for several years, i have been using pyrodex pellets... they have been accurate and reliable. i use a traditions in-line with percussion caps. i have heard quite a bit about triple seven pellets though. do they ignite as well with the percussion caps? guy at a gun shop said they did not, but said he did not muzzel load. he said it takes the hotter 209 primer to effectively burn the powder. my gun is not 209 primer compatible. i've never had a misfire or a failure to fire and if it ain't broke... and i won't change this year, just like to hear from a someone who's tried it.

Dub

Couldn't tell you...I always used the 209 primers when I shot Pyrodex pellets.

I'd go with what has proven reliable to you in the past, though.

bevills1

I'd go with what has proven reliable to you in the past too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've always used pyrodex too with excellent ignition and accuracy.

Gadget

Stay with Pyrodex.

I just recently tested some sulfer free powder triple 777 and the new Jim Shockey Gold. I didn't like it, not as consistant; Partial burn on the powder sometimes.

and they advertise that you don't have to clean you muzzleloader in between shots with this stuff, I say Bull ! If you don't your accuracy will drop dramatically just like Pyrodex.

It is slightly easier to clean, but not much

I'm going back to pyrodex.