Prophetic? NIL ending predicted?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Yes, listen to Obi-Wan, you will young Skywalker.

Here's a couple of my posts from a couple years ago on this subject. These are just the ones I could easily find.

Heck, here's one you even "Liked" @mguthrie

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yes, listen to Obi-Wan, you will young Skywalker.

Here's a couple of my posts from a couple years ago on this subject. These are just the ones I could easily find.

Heck, here's one you even "Liked" @mguthrie

Post your whole post. I was liking the first sentence facepalm:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ddgarcia

Backstroke expert. ^ ::ke::bounce:
I'ma let it slide. That one wasn't as hard core as these recent posts as this thing has grown. Some may think otherwise but I really, really hate being right about this. It is destroying/has destroyed something I dearly loved and despite what some believe would have GLADLY done or had my child do, had either of us the talent of these kids, for the mere "pittance" they were getting before NIL.

Fortunately I enjoy fall afternoons in the woods or on the water as well, so there will be more time for that now.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
@Browning Slayer
Hey...let's just go ahead and burn the whole place down now. The dragons are off their chains...wandering through the village!

Thank goodness they aren't wondering through the village.

ddgarcia

And ANOTHER prediction proving to be spot on.

Predicted here a year ago.

Here's one more prediction. The "Portal" is only going to get worse until this divestment happens. Despite/because of the NCAA's attempts to limit transfers, someone will file suit for again attemptingto limit the players income potential

Maybe I need to change my screen name to Nostradamus.

weagle

And ANOTHER prediction proving to be spot on.

Predicted here a year ago.

Maybe I need to change my screen name to Nostradamus.
Is it really a prediction when you just post what is already happening?

The real predictions you made were that paying the players was going to relegate "College Football" to the fate of previous NFL lite leagues. That hasn't happened and won't.

The big time teams will separate from the College proper to avoid title ix issues, and the sport will continue to grow as long as the product still looks the same to the fans.

Even the chaos right now happening due to the trasfer portal rules and NCAA's idiotic limit to 1 year scholarships will be resolved by muti year contracts once the teams separate from the college proper. The transfer portal will still exist for the sports that remain under NCAA control, but the big time football programs won't be in that category.

So in a nutshell; the players are making millions, the sport is bigger than ever, the fans are even more rabid and none of the gloom and doom you predicted has come true.

ddgarcia

Is it really a prediction when you just post what is already happening?

The real predictions you made were that paying the players was going to relegate "College Football" to the fate of previous NFL lite leagues. That hasn't happened and won't.

The big time teams will separate from the College proper to avoid title ix issues, and the sport will continue to grow as long as the product still looks the same to the fans.

Even the chaos right now happening due to the trasfer portal rules and NCAA's idiotic limit to 1 year scholarships will be resolved by muti year contracts once the teams separate from the college proper. The transfer portal will still exist for the sports that remain under NCAA control, but the big time football programs won't be in that category.

So in a nutshell; the players are making millions, the sport is bigger than ever, the fans are even more rabid and none of the gloom and doom you predicted has come true.
Dude you are SERIOUSLY trying to revise history. You said NOTHING would change except the players would be paid, as if they weren't already with their scholarships, etc, and that NFL Lite was fake news/propaganda.

All of this that I predicted, you argued would not. And a year ago unlimited transfers were a pipe dream. Continue to deny the truth all you want, but it's there for all to see if they wish and choose to.

The ONLY thing left to sort out is whether the fans and boosters will continue to support it like they do now once it becomes NFL Lite. It may take a few years, but I don't believe they will. MANY fans and certainly the boosters support the SCHOOL and not the players. Once it's no longer the schools team, or is in name only(which they will be as the teams will lease the naming rights from the schools), I believe many will no longer care. I know I and many other here won't.

One other thing to be settled will be how, and to what extent, the rest of college athletics will be negatively impacted. Once all that revenue is taken away from the schools, it will ALL go to NFL Lite with a mere pittance coming back to 5he schools for naming rights and use of facilities, what happens to all the rest of college athletics that is dependent upon that revenue? No more 1M paydays for G5 and FCS teams. No more CFP and Bowl payouts. No more March Madness payouts. ALL GONE to support NFL and NBA Lite. All the licensing deals and merchandise sales GONE.

weagle

Dude you are SERIOUSLY trying to revise history. You said NOTHING would change except the players would be paid, as if they weren't already with their scholarships, etc, and that NFL Lite was fake news/propaganda.

All of this that I predicted, you argued would not. And a year ago unlimited transfers were a pipe dream. Continue to deny the truth all you want, but it's there for all to see if they wish and choose to.

The ONLY thing left to sort out is whether the fans and boosters will continue to support it like they do now once it becomes NFL Lite. It may take a few years, but I don't believe they will. MANY fans and certainly the boosters support the SCHOOL and not the players. Once it's no longer the schools team, or is in name only(which they will be as the teams will lease the naming rights from the schools), I believe many will no longer care. I know I and many other here won't.

One other thing to be settled will be how, and to what extent, the rest of college athletics will be negatively impacted. Once all that revenue is taken away from the schools, it will ALL go to NFL Lite with a mere pittance coming back to 5he schools for naming rights and use of facilities, what happens to all the rest of college athletics that is dependent upon that revenue? No more 1M paydays for G5 and FCS teams. No more CFP and Bowl payouts. No more March Madness payouts. ALL GONE to support NFL and NBA Lite. All the licensing deals and merchandise sales GONE.
Once again, you are almost right. I said the product on Saturday wouldn't change and despite all your doom and gloom, it hasn't.

You said no one would watch "NFL lite" but everyone will, just like they are now.

You predicted gloom and doom and it's blue skies and rich players as far as you can see.

The only people griping are either jealous or just wishing for the good ol' days when they could pretend the colleges were running an amateur football league and only the school, coaches, vendors, advertisers, and networks could make millions, but the actual talent that people were paying to see had their earnings regulated by a corrupt NCAA.

In your mind you are right, because you can't accept the reality of what college football is and has been for many years (a professional league) and you believe the average fan feels like paying the players is a negative thing.

I don't have to guess about these things because i have friends who are involved in the process at the highest level within the SEC.

bullgator

I still don’t know why some people want so badly for these athletes to not be paid.
They are paid with tuition, lodging, fine dining, tutoring, and access to top notch medical.
The nerds that will work on cancer cures, space exploration, running Fortune 500 companies, etc. aren’t being pampered like that.

bullgator

They will be paying ALL student athletes. I just don’t go along with your conspiracy theory. It’s much like your political views. OUT OF TOUCH
Sounds like many sports are going to get dropped.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Nostradamus never started conversation claiming that in his opinion, his opinion was right all along and beat everybody with a different opinion over the head with his opinion.
I think maybe Pompousdamus may be a better name.
Maybe you should raise your arguments with people more qualified than those who actually played college football while you yourself said you were never into it much because you were raised on pro football.
The ESPN analyst team could use more opinionates like you.
The way you make your argument would be a good side show.
(y)

ddgarcia

Once again, you are almost right. I said the product on Saturday wouldn't change and despite all your doom and gloom, it hasn't.

You said no one would watch "NFL lite" but everyone will, just like they are now.

You predicted gloom and doom and it's blue skies and rich players as far as you can see.

The only people griping are either jealous or just wishing for the good ol' days when they could pretend the colleges were running an amateur football league and only the school, coaches, vendors, advertisers, and networks could make millions, but the actual talent that people were paying to see had their earnings regulated by a corrupt NCAA.

In your mind you are right, because you can't accept the reality of what college football is and has been for many years (a professional league) and you believe the average fan feels like paying the players is a negative thing.

I don't have to guess about these things because i have friends who are involved in the process at the highest level within the SEC.
Only time will tell if the worst for all comes true, but I have been right so far. Yes, the "product on the field" still remains the same, but the process, the tradition and the history are all changing and soon the financial aspect will change as well.

Already fans like myself and elfiiii are being turned off and losing interest. And if you think we're outliers, you've bumped your head. We are representative of a group that feels the same just as you are. How large those groups are is anybodies guess. With recruits holding out for more and more, just as I predicted, repeatedly switching commitments chasing more and more, the "Wild West" transfer portal( ANOTHER prediction come true), the ending of decades and century old(The Deep Souths Oldest Rivalry) rivalry games as annual games and the list goes on and will continue to grow as this goes on. Soon you will no longer have recruiting, you will have a High School draft. All these things and more we dislike. Will they in the long run be good for the sport? That's anybodies guess. Same as the level of negative collateral impact it will have on what's left of CFB and CBB as well as the rest of college athletics once NFL and NBA Lite are created. Maybe it does all work out and everybody lives happily ever after. But maybe it only lasts 2yrs before the world comes crashing down on somebody's head. I'm betting it somewhere between 5-15yrs that we'll start to see the real cost of opening Pandoras Box.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Nostradamus never started conversation claiming that in his opinion, his opinion was right all along and beat everybody with a different opinion over the head with his opinion.
Maybe you should raise your arguments with people more qualified than those who actually played college football while you yourself said you were never into it much because you were raised on pro football.
(y)
Did Nostradamus use all caps though?

ddgarcia

(y)
A) Nostradamus didn't live to see his predictions come true. Mine are playing out before our eyes.

B) They were only opinion(predictions really) until they started coming true. And as documented they ARE coming true. They are fact.

You don't have to like them, as stated many times before, I don't like them, but it what it is and we weren't given any input.

I know people who swore, because like @weagle they "knew people at the highest level of the process", that The Cocktail Party was dead after this year and would be a "home and home" hereafter. I doubted that, that post is here somewhere for anyone that wants to find it, and lo and behold, The Cocktail Party still exists (for now).

Could I be wrong? Sure. Have been before and will be again, but so far I've been right about how this would and is going.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Nope. I'm such a short timer now it's not worth the effort to calculate how much longer I'll be a CFB fan. In a head to head matchup, college football v deer hunting, deer hunting is way out in front and CFB is falling further behind in the rear view mirror.

I haven't watched or given a hoot about big boy pro ball in 20 years. Kids pro ball is even less attractive.