Public Land in Catoosa, Walker, Chattooga area

Wolfman1975

From where you’re at, go down 27 until you pass 151. After you pass 151, there will be a sewer type plant on your right. Not far after that plant, there will be a road on your left. I believe it’s Mountain View Road from looking at a map on Google – it’s kinda hard for me to tell you how to get there from that side as I haven’t come in from 27 in years, I usually access it from the Armuchee side. However, it’s the only road to go across the mountain in that area (other than Smith Gap Road several miles to the north which doesn’t come anywhere near 27) so if you come to a dead end, you’ve got the wrong road.

Take that road and after a few miles, it will turn to gravel. The border of national forest land starts about there. Continue on up this road until you get to the top of the mountain (Taylor’s Ridge actually). There will be a road that turns off the right. You can take this road for a long way and it’s right in the middle of National Forest land. There’s probably at least several thousand acres of land to hunt around there.

Also, where you turn off the main gravel road on top of the mountain, there’s a road that turns to the left. I don’t know if you can drive it or not as it used to be closed. However, that road goes north through even more National Forest land if you don’t mind walking, there’s more land than you can ever hunt in a season. This road eventually winds up at Smith Gap that I mentioned earlier.

I hope this helps. Holler at me if you need any additional info.
That road that connects smith gap to the narrows is 252 goodluck be safe.