Push mower carb ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
First off I’m far from a small engine mechanic . I’ve got a push mower that doesn’t get used often. Last time using it it ran like it maybe had water in gas . So I drained it and decided to take carb off . Got it put back on and it’s leaking gas out of the little white nipple above gas line connection. Pretty sure I didn’t remove anything off of the white nipple , but it sure looks like it should have something there . Any ideas , thanks ! This is a picture of one I was about to order.. IMG_2894.jpeg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
looks like a primer connection or maybe a vacuum pulse connection for a fuel pump. What engine is it?

The white nipple should be for primer bulb since this mower is not used often gas in the carb bowl builds up varnish that builds up around the float hinge and around the needle that stops the float from shutting off the flow of gas this causes the flooding remove the bowl clean thoroughly remove the needle use a Q tip and carb cleaner to clean the needle seat then reassemble

specialk

Costs a little more, but I always run non-ethanol in small motors. The varnish is most likely causing your problem. A little stabil or sea foam in your fuel for when it sets for awhile.
This will cure about 99% of your 2 stroke engine problems....started this regime about 5 yrs ago and my cranking/running problems went away....