Quail calling .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It used to be a constant sound of summer here. I haven't heard one in about 15 years. :cry:

baddave

yes--- Taliaferro co. always have heard them. I expect more in the coming yrs since my cutover.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the abundance of quail disappeared from most of Ga 10-15 years ago . Now the turkeys , I hope your area doesn’t experience the same
We still have plenty of turkeys, but the quail have completely disappeared, and the grouse are very scarce now.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I heard covey calls this turkey season about mid season right at daybreak. Late season I heard the males after covey break ups. "Bob-white..." I've stepped on top of coveys pre-dawn on the way to a gobbler. Scared the bejeebus out of me.
I have a friend who has embarked on wild bird restoration of his 5,000 acres. He told me there were so many birds whistling that they had to move to another location to hear gobbling activity. These were all wild birds. Gil

ghadarits

I just looked at some property in south Alabama that has a bunch. I was hearing them as soon as I stepped out of the truck. We heard and spotted several on the roads while looking around also. Just what I was looking for to train my dog not to creep up on birds. She started learning that yesterday.

ghadarits

Please record your detections on the Bobscapes App. Thanks!
I just looked into this program and will be participating. I have a couple places that have quail one in GA and one in AL to document.

Core Lokt

Been hearing them daily since March. I live in the middle of a wild quail hunting plantation. See then in the yard and on the road almost daily.